Gone With the Wind

Sasuke was gone...

Sasuke was gone...

He left the village.

Now that I had my memories back, everything, every feeling I had for every one of my friends came rushing back to me. Including how I felt about Sasuke.

I could never put a name to it. All this time, that weird feeling I was having, my cheeks growing hot, my heartbeat spiking, was because I loved him. If Sakura hadn't said it I would never had known. That's how dense I was when it came on to these things. Living with that guy never gave much room for me to understand emotions and stuff like that.

But now I knew. Now I knew that I was in love with Sasuke Uchiha and it was too late to say anything because he was gone. He left the village and all my friends were out trying to get him back.

Why did he even leave in the first place? Didn't he feel as if he belonged here? Wasn't this his home with all his friends? I was here.

But then again, he probably thinks I'm still dead. Maybe that was the reason he left. Maybe it was because he couldn't bear to stay in the village when my body is resting in the ground. Maybe he had to go away.

The thought brought a smile to my lips. Sasuke leaving the village because of me. How sweet.

Wait. There was Itachi.

He had told me that he wanted to kill his brother after what he had done, no matter what stood in his way. He was always planning on leaving the village...

My smile fell. I remember I said that he should kill Itachi if he thought it was going to make him feel better but now I'm regretting it. Itachi was extremely strong. It would take years upon years for Sasuke to get strong enough to kill his brother. I hadn't even fought him for long and I sure as hell know that he was barely putting out any effort but judging from the power I had seen he was too strong. And he was probably ten times stronger than that! Sasuke will never beat him. At least not for now.

I bit my lip in thought. What was I going to do? Should I stay here, remain put until I was strong enough to leave the village and never come back? Or should I stay, get stronger then go after Sasuke?

That last option was really tempting me but ... I was scared. He's waiting out there, for me. Waiting for me to do something which I had no idea what that was. I should probably just sit tight and let everything take its natural course.

But this was Sasuke I was talking about!

I sighed. I was sitting in the bed, unable to sleep all night and so, my mind had been running on this for hours. Should I go, should I stay? I had no idea what the hell I should do.

I watched the light spill in through the window slowly, my mind still jumbled and unclear. After all those hours of sitting in the dark thinking, I still came to no conclusion. When Saiko and Sato had left, I laid there, stewing in my anger.

Saiko was such a...!

Ugh, and that damn bluebell that was with her made me even angrier. Why did she have a boyfriend when the guy I loved was getting further and further away from me?? Or closer, depending on whether Naruto and the others had succeeded or not.

She didn't deserve love. She was an awful, sadistic maniac and the fact that she was working for him made it so much worse and made my anger and hatred of her deepen. She needed to go and get out of my life.

The guards had woken up not long after they had left and found me lying on the ground. They helped my back to the bed, me all the while ignoring or feigning innocence and confusion when they asked me what happened.