An Explanation for Everything

You've got to be kidding me. You've definitely got to be kidding me.

Me? Great-great-granddaughter of this supposedly awesome man? Little, skinny ole me who would much rather stay in bed the whole day without lifting a finger is the great-great-granddaughter of such a powerful person?

I couldn't help the laugh. "Okay, okay. I get you." It became more and more ridiculous the more I thought about it and I laughed even more. "So, you're telling me that this oh so great guy with awesome powers that was probably stronger than the First Hokage - although I have no idea who he is nor how strong he was- is my great-great-grandfather? I guess you'll start telling me that mermaids are real, huh?" I shook my head at the absurdity of it.

"Who's to say they aren't?" Horo crossed his arms and stared me down. "You really don't believe me?"

"No, I don't. Why should I? For all I know, you guys could just be making things up to explain what I am."

"Oh? And what do you think you are, Lea? Why do you think you need explaining?"

Horo stared became intense and my brow furrowed slightly. Looking down, I pondered the question. What did I think I was? The Ten Tails, definitely, but he couldn't have known about that. And there was definitely something different, something off that I couldn't decipher.

"Different," I muttered finally, my eyes refusing to meet his. "Different, but not unexplainable. There's an explanation for everything."

I had no idea I was contradicting my previous words until he nodded and smiled knowingly at me.

"My words exactly. There's an explanation for everything and this is yours. The reason why you are the way you are is because of the clan that you were born in. The same clan of Muro Hasharimi."

"Okay look whatever. This Muro what's-his-name could be my long lost sister for all I care. What does have to do with my training?"

"Muro Hasharimi. And he has everything to do with your training. You may not believe you two are related but it's the truth. He's your great-great-grandfather, born in the Hasharimi clan."

"Oh and I suppose this clan just up and fell out of nowhere." I rolled my eyes.

Horo narrowed his. "Stop being so sarcastic and nasty. I have no reason to lie so if you'll just shut up and sit your scrawny butt down, I can finish what I'm saying, be done with it and move on to training. Capiche?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again and instead chose to take his word and sit patiently until he was done. I'll just hear him out...

He nodded. "Good. Now as I was saying, no the clan didn't just fall out of nowhere. It was a part of the Land of Earth, Iwakagure to be exact." He paused and looked at me. "You know where that is, right?"

I just stared blankly.

Horo sighed. "Iwakagure is the hidden village in the Land of Earth, much like Konoha in the Land of Fire. The leader of Iwakagure is the Tsuchikage and-"

"Tsu-tsuchikage?" The fear was sudden but expected. Just hearing the very title of that man made me tremble. I pushed my hand behind my back to hide it from Horo but I wasn't so sure about my expression since Horo frowned at me.

"Yes, the tsuchikage," he answered. "What about it?"

"N-nothing." I pushed the fear behind. I should hear him out first before I allow myself to succumb to my fear. "Continue."

"Okay, so, anyway, as I was saying. The Hasharimi clan was in Iwagakure but he wandered on his own a lot, much like a nomad. That was one of the things I liked about him. He wasn't tied down to anything. And that same clan was where you came from."