Failed Therapy Session

Lea POV

It felt like we have been walking for hours. After the fight with Kanji and Kimo, we didn't even get any time to rest and now the sun was going down and I felt as if my limbs were going to fall apart. Even Mami had gone back to take a rest.

"I'm tired!" Naruto whined. He flung his arms around lazily, his body bent as if his fatigue was making it hard to move. "Can't we take a rest?"

"We have to get to the hidden village, Naruto." Sakura said calmly. "And that fight we had really set us back on time."

"But if we don't stop now, I'm going to die!" A loud rumbling sounded. "And I'm hungry."

Walking behind everyone else, I saw Hinata hold her belly.

"I'm a little hungry too..."

"Yeah, me too," Kiba jumped in. "Can't we stop to eat?"

"Will you all stop your whining?" Sakura scolded. "Just suck it up and continue walking."

"It's okay Sakura," Horo said, coming to a halt. "We should rest. We don't want to be in too bad a shape if we meet up on anymore enemy ninjas and, besides, the sun is going down."

"Yahoo!" Naruto whooped. "I'll make the fire."

"W-wait! Naruto-kun! It's dangerous!" Hinata ran after him.

I remained rooted to where I stood. I was in a very, very bad mood. Not only was I tired but I was damn hungry too and the combination was making me very cranky. I kept my distance and wasn't say a word, because I knew how I could get when I was cranky or miserable.

"Okay, while they're off doing that ... Kiba and Shino, you guys set traps around the camp. Sasuke and Lea, you two go find us some food. Sakura, you and I will set up the tents."

"Hey, why do I have to find food?" I whined.

Horo didn't even look at me. "Because I said so," he answered.

I groaned. This was the last thing I wanted to do. I had hoped to stay awake long enough to eat before I fell asleep. I had so been looking forward to that.

I looked around for Sasuke. It was then I noticed that I hadn't seen hide nor hair of him since the fight. I turned around and he was staring holes into my back. I faced him.

"Stop brooding back there and let's go."

I had expected him to give some snide remark. I thought we were way past the 'I don't talk' phase. Instead, he kept staring at me, his face impassive.

None of my business.

I turned my back to him and started walking. After a moment, I heard his footsteps behind me. I kept walking with my arms crossed before I noticed that I had no idea where I was going.

"So," I said turning back to him. "What's for dinner?"

He came to a stop. It was eerie how his eyes became so bright when he was staring intensely.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

After a moment, he answered. "Nothing."

His gaze broke away from mine and he looked up at the moon. "We can lay some traps for some game. But to speed things up we need to lure them to the traps."

"Okay, genius. Do your magic."

I sat down, Indian style, leaning against a tree. I sighed, content.

"You expect me to do all the work?"

I popped one eye open. "Well, it was your idea."

Sasuke opened his mouth to say something but then closed it just as quickly. I frowned. What was with him?