Fruit, Secret Looks and A Whole Lot of Words

Lea's POV

I resisted the urge to turn around as I quickly got away from him. What was wrong with him? Why did he have to make me feel so weird with just one look? My heart was beating uncontrollably and my face was so hot it could boil water.

Still, I rushed away until I was safely around a corner and out of sight. That was when I allowed myself to release my pent up breath.

"What the hell was that?" I asked myself in confusion. Like seriously, what was that? If I hadn't known any better, I might have thought that Sasuke wanted to eat with me. Which was weird because he was Sasuke. The cool, distant, aloof Sasuke Uchiha that was immune to the wiles of other girls. So why did he want to eat with me?

Yeah, I know I'm awesome. Just look at me. I'm so cool. But ... Sasuke? Of all people?

Dismissing it, I continued walking until I found enough trees and bushes clustered together, miraculously untouched by the damage caused by the shadows. I changed as quickly a I could, thinking back to what Killer B had said as a way of getting Sasuke out of my head. It wasn't working much but at least, I was also thinking about more pressing issues. Like these shadows.

Shadows that reduced the village to this. I looked around me, taking it all in. How could shadows do that? What kind of hidden mastermind behind all this was strong enough to create shadows that can cause this much damage? Shadows, for God's sake!

And me. I needed to find the person responsible for attacking me and cutting my hair. Not to get me wrong, I didn't like my hair. I hated it actually. It reminded me too much of what I am. But I could never cut it because it also reminded me of where I came from, my family, my life before he came. And because of that I never touched it, instead allowing it to grow long. Now, someone just comes along and cuts it?? Who the hell was this person?

I'm going to turn this place upside down until I find the culprit. The damn, coward bastard.

I pulled the shirt down and gathered up the dirty robe. Then I dropped it again. What's the use of carrying that around?

I looked up at the sky and saw that the sun will be going down soon. I still had some time to waste until I met Sasuke. Why was I feeling ... excitement? What the ...

Maybe it's because I'm so hungry.

That must have been the reason my feet took me back to the spot I had left Sasuke. I was hungry that's all. Wait, is that Sasuke?

"Sasuke?"

Sasuke turned around, his hands in his pockets. There was surprise in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" we asked in unison.

"I, uh, I was on my way, um, back to the Raikage's office." Why was I stammering? "Why are you here?"

"I was waiting for you."

Woah, I didn't expect that. "Waiting for me? But ..." I glanced up at the sky. "You said we should meet back here when night falls."

"Yeah, but I decided to wait since I didn't have anything to do until then."

"Oh." This was awkward. Why was this so awkward? This was Sasuke! "So, uh, lunch now?"

This time he grinned, which only served to make me even more confused. "Look around you, Lea. Does it look like there's still a restaurant standing?"

"Oh yeah, you're right." I was too confused and feeling too awkward to be offended by his condescending tone. "Then what are-"

I didn't get to finish because he grabbed my hand and pulled my forward. Heat spread through my face. "Woah, woah! What are you doing, Sasuke?"