Team 7

They took me down to into the village. I had half expected Shikamaru to ditch us as soon as we left the Hokage's building - I half expected them all to leave me on my own - but he stuck out. I guess he would have been bored otherwise. The new girl in town was bound to cause a little excitement.

What really surprised me was how quickly the Hokage agreed to let me stay. Maybe people weren't big meanies like I originally thought they were, mind my euphemism.

Yeah, right. I can just bet that if they knew who I really was and what I was capable of, they would waste no time using me for their own personal gain. And if I wanted to stay in this village I would have to make sure they never find that out.

"You hungry?" Kiba asked me. I nodded my head without looking at him. His dog whimpered from his head.

"Yeah, yeah Akamaru. We'll go to Ichiraku's. A dog gotta eat too right?"

The guy was talking to his dog. He must be demented. I shook my head, not wanting to think on it too much. My grumbling stomach was the only thing on my mind.

"So Lea, you really don't remember anything at all?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Hm." He looked to be in thought. "Maybe it happen when you were attacked. Are you sure you don't have to go to the hospital?"

"I'm sure." The pain had disappeared a long time ago. My cuts and had long closed up too, and I was sure they hadn't noticed.

"You are going to love Ichiraku's," Kiba said grinning, his pointed teeth winking at me in the setting sun. "Although I much prefer beef. I know someone who's obsessed with it. Naruto, such a baka!"

"Naruto?"

"As I said, he's a baka. Everyone was surprised when he passed the test."

"What test?"

Kiba looked at me curiously and frowned. "Wow, you really don't know anything do you?"

I shrugged. Living back in village didn't give me much opportunity to learn anything. You would be surprised to find out how little I knew.

"We get our headbands after we passed the test," Hinata spoke up beside me. I resisted the urge to jump out of my skin. I forgot she was even there. "So we're full-fledged ninjas." She hung her head down while pointing at her headband. She was such a weirdo, but she was nice.

"Oh."

"He couldn't even make a shadow clone! The baka!" A vein popped up on Kiba's forehead as he raved on and on about this Naruto.

"D-don't be mean, K-Kiba," Hinata whispered.

"I'm not being mean and I'm just telling the truth. I can't let that baka beat me."

"We're here," Shikamaru said.

We stopped in front of an open building, separated by a piece of cloth. There was shouting going on inside.

"Itadakimasu!" came a high pitched annoying voice.

Hinata immediately turned tomato red and I frowned at her. She was acting weirder than usual. She fiddled with her fingers, keeping her head down as we entered.

A blond boy was slurping noisily from a bowl of ... ramen, I would suspect.

"Yo, Naruto," Shikamaru greeted. He took a seat beside him, followed by Kiba and Hinata.

"Shikamaru!" Naruto shouted in greeting. I winced. Did he have to be so loud? He patted a wide hand on Shikamaru's back.

"Hey baka!" Kiba said.