Bloodied and Battered

Sasuke's POV

"Stop kicking me, Naruto baka!"

"Nnn... nnngh." Naruto rolled over once more, his leg swinging over to trap Kiba to the ground. Kiba pushed it off with a loud shout. I rolled my eyes. How can he be so loud so early in the morning?

"Get up!" Kiba kicked Naruto in the side twice, the first time having him stirring but the second time had him fully awake.

"Took you long enough," I muttered. I was leaning against the wall, arms crossed, already dressed and watching the two. Naruto's eyes were foggy with sleep but when I spoke it instantly cleared.

"What?" he said jumping up. "What happened? Are we under attack?"

"Under attack by who, baka?" Kiba asked. "Why would we even be under attack?"

"Then why are you kicking me?!" Naruto demanded. I rolled my eyes again. They were going to go at it, I knew. It was too early in the morning to hear all this noise. Granted, I had already been up since dawn practicing outside the building, but that didn't mean I wanted to come back inside to all this. Just as expected, Kiba and Naruto began their shouting match. I sighed.

Then Horo walked in. Or rather, he stuck his head in from the doorway. "Breakfast is ready," he stated.

The two bakas stopped their bickering immediately and shot it towards the door, Akamaru hot on their heels. Shino walked leisurely behind them and I stopped to wonder for a second if he was there all this time. I didn't remember seeing him this morning when I had gotten up to train. But then again, I had been hoping to see Lea outside so I wasn't paying that much attention.

Of course, when I went outside I didn't see her. I had thought to go off the path and into the forest to see if she was there but then I thought, nah. She was probably sleeping anyway. Last time I checked, she wasn't angry at anyone so there would have been no need for her to train herself until she was a puddle.

Was she ignoring me though? Last night she didn't want to sit beside me. As soon as she noticed me there she had moved all the way to the other side, as far away from me as she could possibly get. Did I do something to upset her? I stopped walking, thinking back. I don't recall doing anything. But even so when I had talked to her after she carried Naruto in with Hinata, she had completely brushed me off. Why? What the hell did I do this time?

"Let's see if she ignores me again," I whispered to myself. "And if she does, I'll just get her to tell me why."

With that said, I entered the dining hall. Naruto and Kiba were already sitting around the table, Akamaru propped up on Kiba's shoulders. The food had already been laid out and it was plentiful.

Kiba reached his hands forward but Horo slapped it away. "Wait until everyone gets here," he said.

"But-"

"Wait, I said."

I sat down in the same spot I had sat in last night, Naruto two spaces down. I could see him anxiously waiting for the girls to come and I crossed my arms, also anxiously waiting but not wanting to show it.

Not long after Sakura strolled in, Hinata following behind her. "Good morning!" she chirped. "Good morning, Sasuke-kun!"

She made her way over to the spot between me and Naruto. Before she could sit, I held out my hand. "This seat is taken."

"By who?" she asked. "Everyone is already here."

"Lea-chan isn't here," Naruto said, his cheeks already full.