Chapter 7

Belial replied without thinking: "There are demons, such as Succubi and Incubi but they feed on human souls, so technically they don't steal them. The human soul itself has hardly any magical power. Even if you were to absorb thousands, it would make little difference. Moreover, demons aren't allowed to intervene so deeply in the human realm. Not to mention that a mass extinction of humans would draw too much attention and possibly lead to a hunt for us. The only alternative would be to absorb the soul of an angel - but this is even less likely than defeating a Hell Prince."

Angel? "Angels really exist?" The question burst out of Aleks and at the same time, he could have slapped himself for it. Why not? After all, there were demons and one of them is sitting right in front of me on my bed. Also, Belial did mention that Lucifer was in fact a fallen angel.

"I have never been able to understand this enthusiasm that you humans have for angels. They are just arrogant, emotionally cold twerps that make themselves comfortable in heaven," Belial said with a derogatory undertone.

"Have you ever met one?" Aleks asked curiously.

"Centuries ago, yes. It wasn't an overly pleasant encounter."

"I think I'm now roughly understanding your circumstances, but you haven't answered one thing as yet. Which class do you belong to and what is your profession?"

This time, Belial remained silent a little longer. He was afraid to scare Aleks or destroy the tiny bit of confidence that he had earned but lying to him seemed wrong. "I am a mercenary of Astaroth, a prince of hell; his right-hand man. I do his dirty work, so to speak and like him, I belong to Class S."

Aleks sharply breathed in. Jesus Christ, I am sitting here next to a demon who has the same rank as a prince of hell. The fact that I am still breathing seems like a miracle. But if Belial is that powerful, how could he have received such severe injuries?

As if reading Aleks' thoughts, Belial replied, "When a demon comes to earth through a portal, he receives physical and magical restrictions. The stronger the demon, the stronger the restrictions. This serves to protect humanity. If a higher-ranking demon loses control, it could destroy an entire country. So, my power here is limited."

That made sense but it also made the whole thing more complicated.

"I think I've answered enough questions, are you ready to hold up your end of the bargain?"

Aleks nodded, but then realized that Belial couldn't see him. "Well, I mean there isn't a lot to know about me. My name is Aleksander Esai. I was left as a newborn on the threshold of a monastery. All I had with me was a necklace and a blanket embroidered with my name. So, the nuns who took me in gave me that name."

The mentioned necklace was always hanging around his neck, just above his heart. It was a round, black stone on which mystical symbols were engraved in a circle. He never took it off, not even when he did sports or showered.

"I don't have any memories of my parents. I went to school like everyone else and then attended university with scholarships. Two days ago, I finished my medical studies and in three months I will start my specialist training at Los Angeles General Hospital. I have already been working there as a surgical intern for a year. In my leisure time, I meet up with friends and play sports. Otherwise, there is nothing exciting to say about me. I mean I had a happy childhood, but for some reason, I never felt at home. I don't know why I'm telling you that."

Until now, he hadn't revealed his innermost feelings to anyone, but for some reason, he could do it with Belial. Maybe because he will be gone in a few weeks, and I will only be one human of many that he would have encountered. He will go searching for his heart and forget me. This thought gave him a stabbing pain and he rubbed his hand over his heart.

Belial felt the sudden sadness that surrounded Aleks, and subconsciously reached out his hand. He stroked Aleks' cheek in a comforting manner and wiped away the tear that had spilled onto his cheek. He didn't want Aleks to be sad.

Aleks recoiled in surprise at his sudden touch. He never expected anything like compassion from a demon.

"The second part of the deal is still pending," Belial said.

True, that was the reason, he didn't do it to comfort me.

Aleks took Belial's hand and placed it on his left cheek. "Don't hold back," he encouraged his counterpart.

Belial carefully stroked with his fingertips over Aleks' face. He slowly explored his chin, wandering over his cheek to his nose to reach his forehead then up to his eyebrows. He took this path backwards on the right side. The demon felt that Aleks had a rounded face, with high cheekbones which were not as hard and edgy as his. Aleks' skin was infinitely soft, and the lips were as full as ripened cherries. Would they taste that way? His hair was as soft as velvet and hung over his forehead, tickling Belial's fingers. He has a soft, friendly face just like his character.

The longer Belial's exploratory tour took, the faster and louder Aleks' heart seemed to beat. When Belial reached his right cheek, Aleks instinctively nestled into his palm.

They both gasped, surprised at what had just happened.

Stuttering, Aleks said, "I have to get out for a short time." After that, Aleks hurriedly left the room, leaving the equally shocked demon with a burning sensation in his palm. Belial clenched his hand into a fist and tried to calm his racing heart which was threatening to explode in his chest.

"What are you doing with me, Aleksander Esai. What are you?"

__________________________________

Hello my sweethearts,

is there something going on?

The first touches - first stage?

I already have some great ideas for their first somewhat more intimate scene. This one will probably coming in two or three chapters.

Until then, I would be happy about ideas and wishes. ;D

Your Mouse Goddess