Chapter 41

Ariana and Lyric reached the scene quickly, but they weren't prepared for what they found. Belial knelt next to Aleks' lifeless body. His gaze was empty.

No. Horror grabbed them, and they ran to them. The red-haired demon, who was guarded by another demon, was nailed to the ground a short distance away.

"Lucan?" Ariana was completely confused. What the hell had happened?

Everything was quiet, no one said a word. But they knew it. Aleks' heart was no longer beating.

Then the ground began to shake. The sky darkened and the air became heavy and electrically charged. They had a hard time breathing until they realized the reason for this sudden change in atmosphere.

Belial's body began to glow. All around them, lightning struck the ground and tore it open. He would destroy everything and everyone around him.

Belial got to his feet and took a few steps away from his lover. Then he stared at the sky with an empty look and raised his hand. He began to gather energy. The two of them knew it was over as soon as he ignited it.

Suddenly, two figures landed next to Aleks' lifeless body.

"It's too late," the woman said.

"No, not yet. We have to try," the man that landed with her said.

He and his companion knelt next to Aleks. They would save him; it wasn't too late.

His ally activated her ability and dragged Aleks' seal from his belly. Two levels of the seal had already dissolved and the third was in the process of dissolving.

If they broke both that seal and the next one, then Aleks still had a chance. Both of them took off their amulets, a spilt image of Aleks' necklace, held them in their hands, and began to speak the ritual words

A beam of light shot from his amulet towards that of his companion's and from there to Aleks' amulet, then back to the first one. A triangle of light formed, descending from above, hovering over the remaining levels of the seal. The light literally ate the third level and continued with the fourth.

His ally began to tremble, soon she would run out of magic. But they had to persevere. Not long after, she buckled to the side and the triangle of light disappeared.

The fourth seal level vibrated and shattered.

Aleks heard the sound of a droplet. He opened his eyes and waited for his vision to sharpen. Carefully, he turned his head to the side. He was lying in a dark room on a floor covered with water.

Again, water dripped from the ceiling and hit the surface of the water.

Pain suddenly shot through his head. I've been here before.

He tentatively straightened up. Then he looked at a glass wall. No, he remembered it was made of water, and there was someone on the other side.

He slowly walked towards the wall. Then he saw him. White blonde hair and eyes of ice looked at him. But unlike last time, he saw him clearly. It was his own face.

His other self raised his hand and put it on the wall and Aleks did the same.

"Who are you?"

"I am you."

This time he heard the voice loud and clear. What did that mean?

"Aleksander, we don't have much time."

As if to underline his statement, the floor began to shake, and cracks formed, stretching over the floor and the walls.

"Where am I and why can I hear you?" Aleks asked.