Chapter 46

Aleks was nervous. No, nervous wasn't the right expression. He almost wet himself in panic. That described it better. Come on Aleks, pull yourself together. I mean, there are just a few demons waiting who look a bit curious. It'll all go well.

In the entrance hall, the entire staff, who had been taking care of the house for centuries, as well as the warriors from Belial's unit. They had gathered and waited anxiously for their leader to finally introduce them to his mate. Until now, they only knew that it was a man, but nothing more. The chatty ladies had already developed wild theories about who had tamed the shadow.

Then they heard the long-awaited footsteps. Nero, Belial's right hand, was seen first. Then the master himself appeared. Next to him was a slightly smaller, young blond man with bright blue eyes. He had a soft face and was slimmer than his mate. He had incredible charisma. You could see that he was a bit nervous, as he was holding his beloved's hand with a bit of insecurity.

"Dear brothers and sisters. Today, fortunately, I would like to introduce my heart to you. I found him a few months ago and I'm more than happy to have him by my side. I would like to officially introduce you to my mate Aleksander."

Aleks smiled nervously. Hell. Just a few demons, he said. As if! The entire entrance hall is full. Oh my God, everyone is staring at me. Do I look weird?

Belial seemed to notice the nervousness of his beloved. He leaned against him.

"Are you ready?"

"Not at all, no," he whispered back.

"Well then, let's go."

What?

He was so not ready for such a thing, but his demon had no mercy. Belial stepped behind him, as it should be, and opened his shirt with a movement. Then he pulled it apart so everyone could see his mark. In addition, he put his lips on Aleks' neck in a possessive way.

There was a murmur through the crowd. Nero almost felt sorry for the poor boy, especially since he started to turn red. But that only made him more likable. It was a tradition that the mate was presented in this way.

Belial then closed the shirt and stroked Aleks' cheek.

"You did a good job."

Good job, my ass.

"Time to introduce yourself in person."

MY ASS! I don't want to. I was just presented as an object to be auctioned.

But what Aleks thought was deliberately ignored. His demon gently dragged him with and together they went down the stairs.

Secretly, Aleks had wished that Zack had been here, then he would have seen a familiar face. But Zack and Rika wouldn't arrive until later. They still had a lot to clarify in the human world.

Meanwhile, the festive mood had set in. First, Aleks was introduced to his employees of the lowest rank, as the tradition.

Aleks smiled kindly and greeted everyone. Above all, the property manager seemed to have taken a liking to Aleks. She hugged him and stroked through his hair. Gradually, Aleks became more relaxed when he realized that he could actually be himself.

The warriors of the corps viewed him critically. Although they were happy for their leader, Belial now had a weak point. How serious this was, they still had to find out.

The employees who had greeted Aleks went back to work. In the end, only the warriors remained. Belial was able to count five well-trained mercenaries among his troops. Many valued quantity to demonstrate power – but he had decided against it. He had personally selected the six best warriors. One wasn't there yet – Cone was missing. Lao, Juri, Samuel, Alas, and Nero stood in a circle.

Belial - a fateful night (Vol.1) ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara