Chapter 58

From the corner of his eye, he noticed Aleks had stopped again. Aleks was totally captivated by something he saw. He approached and stroked the wooden mask in awe. It was made of white wood and represented a kind of fox. Three red stripes ran from the nose over to the cheeks instead of the tactile hairs. On the top there was silver fur, no rather a silver mane attached. It was beautiful.

"This is an ancient fox mask. It gives the person the face of a fox on wearing," he said to Aleks, whose eyes widened in shock.

"Sorry. I don't know, it's just beautiful."

"Put it on, you'll feel its magic," Alas encouraged him. Hesitantly, he took the mask from the stand and put it on his face. The moment it touched his skin, the mask latched to his face and lay over it like a second skin. Awesome, he hardly felt it, could see perfectly as if he weren't wearing it at all.

"And how do I look?" he asked the demon for fun. Alas had picked up a mirror and held it up to him. When Aleks saw his face, he was speechless. The mask had adapted to his face. It had the same facial contours as him and yet they were different. One could not say that Aleks was under the mask. A white fox face with blue eyes stared at him.

The mane, which was attached to the upper part, had attached to his hair so that it had taken on a silver color – no more blonde to see.

"Amazing!" Aleks said, astonished, as the mask even imitated his lip movements.

"The mask is a very special artifact. It becomes a part of the carrier. In the past, demons used this to remain unrecognized. This is unfortunately one of the last of its kind. Their production has unfortunately been lost," the demon explained.

Carefully, Aleks pulled the mask off his face, and it returned to its original shape. Today Alas is extremely talkative. The demon had said more words to him than in all the weeks since his arrival.

Aleks was about to put it back, so Alas stopped him.

"Take it with you and put it in your bedroom. Belial will certainly enjoy its sight as well." Aleks nodded enthusiastically. Then he and the demon left the treasury together with the two treasures.

With a hiss, the blade flew through the air and bore into the ground. "Eve, back," Aleks ordered, and the blade detached from the ground and flew back into Aleks' hand. He grinned. Great!

Aleks had named the blades Adam and Eve. It was easier to master a blade if you gave it a name. But the two machetes could do so much more than flying through the air. He was able to direct his magic into them and now create the sickles on a large scale with the blades of the powers, rather than using his fingers These were more sharp and powerful Even the protective cover that was created around himself was not disturbed by the two. He trained the rest of the afternoon to get to know his weapons better.

Belial stared at the news that lay ahead of him. Damn! This morning a raven of his hell prince had arrived. He had a bad feeling. But when he read the news, he realized that it was a lot worse than he had expected. In addition to the message from Astaroth, in which he had politely asked that Belial should be seen by him promptly, there was a second letter.

It was an invitation with a black seal and his name written in curved letters. This letter was the deadline they now had. He opened the letter.

I'd love for you and your second half to participate in the ball in honor of your connection. It will take place at new moon in my humble home.

Behemoth

Behemoth was like Astaroth, one of the seven hell princes and hell princesses, he ruled with Astaroth over the northern part of hell. Lucifer ruled over the Territory of damned souls on the edge of hell, where human souls were tortured until they had served their sentence. Mammon, contrary to many rumors, was the princess who ruled over the Southwest. She was on the border of Asmodai's area. The West was under the rule of Prince Belphegor and finally Sereph – also known as Beelzebub – the hell prince of the East.

There were countless legends about the princes of hell. For example, Leviathan, the founder of his own species, had once been a prince of hell. However, he had been overthrown by Astaroth. However, the demon Satan referred to as the king of hell by humans, never existed.

Lucifer had spread these rumors among the humans after his fall into hell for fun. He was also the cause of the rumor that hell was a place of flames and damnation – gullible people. All right, but how should they correct it? The only way into hell for people was the descent after death. Demons were forbidden to take a person to hell unless he was the mate of a demon.

Belial looked at the two lines that represented their deadline. He still had about three weeks to prepare Aleksander for a ball in which all the princes of hell would certainly participate. Not only that, but they now also had to pay a visit to Astaroth as soon as possible. Hell, that won't end well.

Aleks was training when Belial landed next to him.

"Bel, what's ...", but he broke off when he saw the serious expression of his mate.

"Alas. Call all warriors together. We meet in thirty minutes in the meeting room." Alas nodded and quickly went away. He took his angel's hand and gently pulled Aleks with him.

"Tsuka, we need to discuss something important." Aleks nodded and followed him silently.

Arriving in their bedroom, they sat down on the bed.

"Bel, you're scaring me. What's going on?" Aleks asked worriedly.

"They know about your existence."

"Who?" he asked, confused.

"Everyone. I can't hide you anymore. In three days, you will be introduced to my feudal lord Astaroth and in just under three weeks you will have to participate in a ball hosted by the hell prince Behemoth," Belial answered with a serious voice.

"A ball of another hell prince?"

Fear rose in Aleks.

"I'm not going to lie to you. All the princes of hell will probably be gathered at this ball and all the attention will be on you." Aleks took a deep breath, in and out. "But why? I mean, I'm nothing special." Belial took his hand.

"That's not the point. You are my mate, and I am Astaroth's unofficial successor. I am a potential danger and a contender for the throne of a hell prince, even if I have no ambitions. By finding a mate, I am stable, and not only that. They fear an increase in power on my part since I am now complete. They want to assess us."

Aleks' hand trembled.

"Do they want to..." Kill you? Aleks didn't dare to complete the sentence

"No, I don't think so. Especially since I will make my disinterest more than clear. The problem will be your race. They mustn't know that you're an angel. Except for a few select allies, everyone thinks you're a Choronta demon. We need to find a way to hide your angel side from their eyes," Belial said.

Three weeks was a damn short period of time, but they had to find a solution. His people had been working on solving this problem for weeks. "Astaroth may test you, but not in the way that your angel side will be in danger l."

And so, the conversation was continued between them. They met with the warriors and came up with a plan. Ideas were expressed and tasks were distributed. They didn't have much time, but everyone would do their best.

___________________________________

Bad news, isn't it? Three weeks is damn short.

How do you imagine Astaroth?

What kind of test could Belial mean?

Your Mouse Goddess