Chapter 64

Aleks was lying on a bed in the infirmary room. Richelle was making a mixture of herbs grinding them in a morter.

Juri was almost freaked out when Aleks returned through the portal with Belial. He blamed himself for not being able to stop Aleks.

Aleks hadn't had time to talk to him, because he had gone directly to the infirmary wing due to the wound on his arm.

Richelle had stopped the bleeding and stimulated his self-healing powers. With a worried expression on her face, she came back and smeared the wound with a foul-smelling ointment. But she said nothing. He felt a slight burning sensation on his arm, but it slowly subsided.

His body had changed. Not only had he not needed some human needs such as going to the toilet, but now he was also healing faster than a normal human. But he still needed as much sleep as before. Aleks was tired. Just tired. Without wanting to, he drifted off to restless sleep.

When Belial looked for his mate, he found him deep asleep, he postponed the conversation for later. First, he needed to visit Lucan and discuss the events, as well as the future plans. Cold anger burned within him. So, he turned around to leave It wouldn't be a pleasant hour, for either of the parties.

When Aleks opened his eyes, his head roared in pain. He moaned and rubbed his forehead. When he turned his head to look at his surroundings, he found that he was still lying in the infirmary wing. They had probably let him sleep.

"Aleks!" a worried voice said. He turned his head to the left and saw his brother.

"Zack?" Wasn't Zack supposed to be on a treasure hunt?

Zack sat down on the bed with Aleks, who had just straightened up, and hugged him.

"Never scare me like that again! After I received the news that you had been injured on the battlefield, I came back immediately." His heart had almost stopped.

"Zack, calm down. It's just an arm wound, nothing big," his little brother tried to calm him down.

That he had almost been beheaded was concealed from his big brother. He didn't want him to worry unnecessarily. Zack seemed to calm down.

"Why did you go into battle?" Aleks laid out his thoughts.

"They left me behind. While I was waiting for them here, Nix sought me out. He showed me a vision of Belial's death. And the only way to prevent this was to save him myself. So, Nix sent me there." He was still amazed that everything had gone smoothly. Luck.

Zack seemed to understand but hesitated with an answer.

"What's going on, Zack?" His brother looked at him worriedly.

"Aleks. Your mate ... how do I say this? He has an aura around him as if he wants to destroy everything. He is so cold, angry, and ... fatal. You have to be prepared for the fact that his mood won't be good when he returns."

Aleks nodded. He knew that Belial wasn't behaving like himself. After all, he had attacked Lucan. But he wouldn't apologize for having saved his heart. They would have to talk this out in peace. But first, he wanted a snack from the kitchen He didn't know how long he had slept, but he was hungry.

"Zack, can we go to the kitchen and eat something?"

His brother nodded, so he got out of bed and the two made their way to the kitchen. While they were walking down the long corridor that led to the entrance hall, Aleks felt that familiar tingling. His mate had returned. Joyfully he ran down the stairs.

Belial had just returned from the meeting. It had passed without any incident. Only the bare necessities were discussed Aleksander, or his alter ego Fox wasn't brought up. Lucan had seemed to deliberately avoid bringing it up. The cold anger had still not passed. So, he shouldn't face Aleks yet.