Chapter 14

Aleks was rudely awakened by his cell phone ringing. What time is it? Damn it, already 10 o'clock. Now it was too late for breakfast. He didn't really feel well-rested. He yawned widely and checked his cell phone to see that Zack had left him a message.

<Tomorrow, 6 p.m., Pete's>.

That was all. Whatever Zack wanted; he apparently would only tell him in person. The question was, could he go to Pete's tomorrow? Then he would have to leave Belial there alone.

In principle, there was nothing stopping him, since it had been weeks and there seemed to be no threat of attack from those who had harmed Belial. He would talk to him about it. But more importantly, he needed to address the sexual tension between them. Don't think about it. He felt like a boy who had just hit puberty. Where was this phase 10 years ago when it should have taken place? It was no use. He peeled himself from his favorite blanket and made his way towards the bathroom.

Dazed and due to the lack of caffeine in his system, he simply walked the usual path to the bathroom without paying attention to his surroundings. Unfortunately, he overlooked the 6'3'' high wall of man into which he walked. With a quick "sorry" he ran past Belial.

Belial watched in astonishment as Aleks hurriedly retreated. He's obviously not a morning person.

They both avoided the elephant in the room until after dinner. It was a miracle considering the mood. It was as if the air was electrically charged. However, neither of them wanted to touch the subject. In the end, Aleks couldn't stop himself from talking about it.

"Bel... we need to talk."

"I know," he replied, sighing.

Aleks knew that he needed to bring up Belial pleasuring him while drinking his blood. It was definitely enjoyable, but he wasn't sure how much farther he was ready to go. "I'm a virgin," he blurted out.

The demon had accounted for everything, but not this. Untouched. Pure. Just mine. Unfortunately, he didn't know what to answer and his thoughts didn't seem to be the best idea. Mark him, make him yours. He rubbed his forehead and frowned.

However, Aleks seemed to misunderstand Belial's silence. "Listen, excuse you if it hurts your pride, but I didn't take any random opportunity to lose it."

"You misunderstand me," Belial interrupted him. "You just told me that you are untouched. Where I come from, that's worth more than 1000 carats of gold."

His virginity? "How do you mean..."

Again, Belial interrupted him: "The first time you unite with someone, you give them a share of your magic. But only the first time. This is something precious."

"But I am a human being. So..."

"Are you sure? Your blood says something else." This statement frightened Aleks more than it should have.

"What do you mean with that?"

Belial seemed to think about the best way to put it before he cautiously, he began: "I'll try to explain it to you. Imagine taking an orange. When you press the orange, you get the pure essence, the juice in its full extent. If you halve the juice and fill it with water, you have twice the amount, but it is diluted and doesn't taste as intense. Imagine repeating the process several hundred times."

"Then there is hardly anything left of the original," Aleks completed Belial's sentence.

"Right. The magic is similar. There are demons that are born with strong magic and those with weak one. For the weaker ones, the magic is watered down. This is also the case with humans. Human blood is also "diluted" because they possess only a little magic."

"And I have less diluted blood than others?"

"No Aleksander, you're the orange."

What? He looked his demon in the face quizzically. But the fact that he had used his full name showed that the matter was serious.

"Let me formulate it differently Aleksander, your blood is the pure essence, the magic in its original state, pure and unadulterated. There hasn't been anything like that in hell or on earth." Well, there was, but this wasn't an option, so he would keep quiet about it for the time being. Aleks seemed to realize that Belial wasn't telling him everything, but he refrained from saying anything.

"What does this mean for me?" he asked with a serious expression on his face.

"That you should never lose even a drop of blood near a demon, otherwise you will end up as a blood bank for the rest of your life."

Did this also apply to Belial? Will I be his blood bank? Will I stay with him?

"Your blood is powerful; with your blood others can gain a power that no one should possess. The fact that you are still a virgin makes this even more critical," he interrupted Aleks' thought.

"Is there a way to get rid of the power that my blood holds?"

"You could seal that power," he finally said.

In response to Belial's answer, the horror rose in Aleks, and his hands began to tremble. Belial grabbed Aleks' hands with concern.

"What's going on? Talk to me."

"Монстр."

Not wanting to jump to conclusions, Belial asked again, and again Aleks replied: "Монстр. I'm a monster."

That was not possible. This was the word that the black figure had said to the little boy. The jigsaw slowly began to merge.

Of course. It was the first memory he had shared with Belial via the link, a link that allowed Belial access to Aleks' dreams. Aleksander had been the little boy they wanted to open. But why? "You were the little boy who sat in the magic circle."

Aleks yanked his hand back in fright and jumped up from the chair, retreating two steps. "How do you know about it?" he asked in a cold voice. His entire facial expressions and posture had changed; everything screamed out retreat and defense.

"Time to show your cards."

"Then place your cards on the table, demon."

Belial began, he recounted the link and the memory that he had lived through with him. He also recounted the dream which they shared yesterday.

"Apparently, you subconsciously seek contact with me as soon as you are under stress. Have you seen some of my memories?"

Aleks slowly calmed down as he started to understand the overall context. He sat down again and laid his hands on the cold table surface. Time for me to place my cards on the table too. "I haven't seen a memory of you, but your future."

My future? Belial said nothing, just listened.

"As a child, I was always able to see things that would happen in the future. Sometimes I see blurry images, sometimes it's just a foreboding. But it was different for you."

Belial again grabbed Aleks' hand and asked, "What was different?"

"Until now, everything was only fragmentary, but with you it was different. It was all crystal clear. I have seen your future through your eyes. I saw the evening you laid bleeding in the side alley, a week before it happened."

"So, you knew I was going to die?"

"Yes, but I didn't know when or who you were. I thought it was just a bad dream. But when the signs that made up the situation began, I knew it subconsciously. The rain, the time, the broken light of the side street, your hoarse laughter. Everything has led me to you."

____________________

What do you think will happen now?

What about the link?

Will Aleks Belial tell everything?

You have an idea? I'll wait for your comment.

Your Mouse Goddess