Chapter 29 (with smut-scene)

Throughout lunch, Aleks was engrossed in his thoughts and Belial and Ariana decided not to disturb him, instead, choosing to talk about the past few years while they ate.

After the employees had cleared the plates, Aleks had made his decision. He took Belial's hand and dragged him with him. They left the house passing the terrace and entered a large garden.

It was divided into different areas, separated by small hedges. In the middle was a fountain with two toddlers who seemed to be playing in the water. Each section was decorated with various types of flowers and statues. They walked hand in hand towards a small bench and sat down.

"I want to try. But I'm scared," Aleks said, looking his mate in the face. "I'm afraid to change, to become a stranger to myself. What if I become someone you no longer love?" he continued.

Again, that thought. "Tsuka, you mean more to me than my life and that won't change. Nothing can destroy our connection. I will always be by your side, no matter who you are," Belial reassured his heart.

"Thank you."

And it had been as simple as that. Belial had so easily chased away his doubts. He was a miracle. My miracle. It was time for Aleks to pull himself together. No more crying, no more whining. He wanted to be a man who would proudly stand next to his demon. "Good. Let's go to Ariana," he said with a firm voice, and Belial knew that his mate was finally ready to be a part of his world.

Just like the day before, Aleks lay on his back topless on the carpet in the ceremonial room. Even though he was determined, he was still a little queasy. Belial stood on the sidelines and watched in silence.

Ariana coated Aleks' belly with a kind of oil and massaged it. Then she took a knife and cut off a lock of his hair before throwing it into a cup. She then pricked her finger with a knife and dripped her blood into it. She muttered something and the mixture ignited. With her right hand, she reached into the cup and took out the black remains. After that she hit a large singing bowl which caused the whole room to vibrate.

Aleks' seal came out. Her voice grew louder, and the vibrating increased. Then she threw the remains into the air over the circle. As if held by an invisible power, they hovered over Aleks and formed a circle.

The top level of his seal began to pulsate and rotate. The ash circle did the same, but that rotated in the opposite direction. They got faster and faster. Not long after, the symbols on the top level of the seal became detached and were sucked up by the ash circle.

Magic exploded in Aleks' body, and he was lifted off of the ground. His skin pulsated and he started breathing haphazardly. The ash circle devoured the top level and then abruptly disintegrated and disappeared.

Aleks desperately gasped for air. His whole body burned and small cracks from which light oozed appeared. He then gently felt the touch of his mate.

Finally, Belial was able to go to Aleks. He took him in his arms.

"Breathe Aleks. Focus on my voice and try to calm down."

Still gasping for air, Aleks tried to follow Belial's suggestion. Minutes passed and the magic in Aleks' body finally seemed to come to rest. His heartbeat calmed down and his breaths became more even.

"Can you bear it?" Belial asked him in an anxious voice.

Aleks nodded briefly, he couldn't speak yet.

"How do you feel?" a visibly exhausted Ariana asked him.

"As if someone tried to squeeze me into a space that was far too narrow, and I started to implode. But it's getting better."