Chapter 19

Aleks broke through the barrier and landed behind a green-haired demon who was aiming a bow at Belial. He slammed the demon's head as if it was a baseball causing the demon to flip and fall unconscious. I wasn't called Mister Homerun for nothing. My balls reached a speed of up to 90 mph.

All eyes were on Aleks, and Belial stared at him in horror.

"Well, what do we have here? A human. Unfortunately, I don't have time to play," Rukia shouted, using an ugly undertone that gave Aleks the creeps.

Aleks' gaze shifted to Belial, and he saw the red spots on his clothes and the blood dripping from his wounds.

Blood, screams, shadows.

Without warning a fireball, which had been shot by the redhead, raced towards Aleks. Before he could dodge, it hit Aleks in the chest. He was hurled backwards and into the barrier.

Belial screamed and tried to reach him, but the shadows kept him from doing so.

Aleks felt all the air being squeezed out of him as if he was getting punched in his stomach. He gasped for air and fell to his knees, touching his chest in a panic. Nothing. He was completely unharmed. His top however, didn't survive and the shredded top hung from his body. Aleks stripped it off and threw it onto the ground. With his bare torso, he slowly straightened up and clutched the baseball bat tightly.

Belial exhaled with relief. Luckily, he had performed a protective spell on Aleks that morning. However, he had no idea that it would be deployed so quickly.

Rukia looked at Aleks in horror, not knowing whether the shock came from the integrity of Aleks' chest or his mark. He laughed hysterically. "I can't handle it. You have a mate and a human at that? Fate can be truly cruel. Now I also understand why I can't get your soul. I just have to finish that fellow first. It's going to be a bed of roses." The disgust on his face was evident as he licked his lips and commanded, "Get him."

The snarling of strange, round, six-legged black animals ripped Aleks out of solidification. They abandoned Belial and ran towards him. Holy shit.

"RUN ALEKS!" he shouted. Belial started sprinting towards Aleks but was attacked by the redhead. Everything seemed to speed up and soon Belial had lost his balance and landed on his knees. Rukia struck a blow.

A demon with fire-red hair laughed viciously and thrust his bronze sword into his chest. Belial sank to the ground. Blood, everywhere, blood.

Aleks took a breath and shouted, "NO, STOP!!!"

Suddenly everything went quiet. It was as if time had been frozen. Freeze framing. The only thing that moved was Aleks. He stumbled forward and fell. Picking himself up, Aleks ran and threw himself against Belial without a second thought. They fell to the side and time restarted. Rukia's sword sank into the earth.

What the hell? Aleks had appeared before Belial in the blink of an eye and had knocked him over. The other two demons also looked stunned. Everyone still seemed to be in a daze about what the hell just happened and Aleks was the first one to break out of this trance. He hit the redhead's sword with his baseball bat, sending it flying through the air in a high arc. Rukia backed away and whistled.

The shadows again headed toward Aleks, while the stone demon charged towards Belial. With expansive movements, he hit Belial with his hardened fists but Belial fended off his blows. Damn, I've lost too much blood.

Aleks was frantic. He raced around in a circle, trying to escape the shadows. One by one, he clunked them with his baseball bat and they were flung to the ground. But after only a short time the critters recovered. Aleks swung at one of the creatures but it dodged his blow and counterattacked, causing Aleks to tumble to the ground.

Belial saw a shadow bite into Aleks' shoulder. He screamed in pain and tried to pull him off, but he was unable to do so. He tried to kick the others who took this opportunity to attack. But it was hopeless. Belial darted towards him, zigzagging as he went.

"Watch out for your surroundings, otherwise you will die," Rukia muttered with an evil grin.

He glanced over his shoulder just in time to see Rukia create a huge fireball and shoot it at him.

Again, Aleks shouted, "STOP!"

Cut. The scene froze again.

Just like last time, Aleks didn't have to think much. He pulled Belial aside and pushed the stone demon into his place. Aleks' shoulder was bleeding and a small trail of blood formed behind him. He then took his baseball bat and positioned himself behind the red-haired demon.

Belial exhaled and the fireball continued towards its destination. Except that he was no longer in its path. Instead, he stood 15 feet away and the fireball collided with the stone demon who released an ear-piercing scream before falling silent.

How?

At the same second, Aleks, who now stood behind Rukia, bellowed, "Die you bastard!" and smashed his head with full force, throwing Rukia to the side. The resounding crash indicated that Aleks had broken his skull. His mate, who was breathing heavily, approached Belial. "I must heal you."

"Are you mad? Aleks stop," Belial yelled, catching Aleks as his knees gave way.

Aleks took his left hand and wiped some blood from his injured shoulder. Then he pressed his hand to Belial's abdominal wound and activated his ability. Belial wanted to stop him, but it was too late. His hand had already begun to glow and soon the wound was closed. Aleks collapsed in his arms.

"Tsuka, talk to me. Aleks, wake up," he screamed in panic. He felt the heat coming from Aleks. The poison. The poison was not dangerous for demons, but for humans it could be deadly. I have to save him. Belial went through all of his options in seconds, settling on the most viable one. He had no choice, he had to go to Lyric.

He unfolded his wings and uttered a camouflage spell before he rose into the air with Aleks in his arms. He flew towards his destination as fast as he could. He wouldn't lose him - saving him was all that mattered. What Belial didn't notice was that Rukia's eyes fluttered open and his blood-covered lips curled up into a grin.

Desperately, the man hit the barrier from the outside, but couldn't get inside. Despite his best efforts the barrier refused to give way. He could hear Aleks' screams and smell his blood. "Damn," he screamed in frustration, falling to his knees. He would lose him, and he couldn't do anything about it. Silence came shortly after. Was he dead?

Suddenly, he heard the sound of flapping wings and he looked up at the sky to see the demon flying away with Aleks in his arms. If Aleks died, he would make the demon regret it forever.

The barrier dissolved. Time to clean up. He set to work, erasing all traces on the battlefield and the unconscious or dead demons.

_____________________

The fight is over, but what will become of Aleks?

What will happen between Lyric and Belial?

Ideas? Write them in the comments ;D!

Your Mouse Goddess