Chapter 62

Aleks used his legs' boosted speed and time-stopping ability to stop time around him for a few seconds so as to move stealthily and undetected towards the edge of the battlefield. Upon reaching the front third, all he had to do was find Alas. If I could fly, everything would be easier. But he couldn't so it can't be helped. He searched around the battlefield for him. Then he found him, heavily bleeding and surrounded by a minimum of six enemies. Aleks took in a deep breath and let it out. Let's go.

Alas fended off an attack from the side but felt the blade drill into his upper arm. Damn. He was finished. He had defeated countless enemies but had suffered too many wounds. Fortunately, others had been able to pick Sam up, but he didn't have the same luck. The enemies were to numerous. They had used Anzu demons and shadow animals to weaken them. Alarge portion of their enemy's army had only appeared after the start of the battle, which had taken them by surprise. A perfidious plan.

After repelling another attack, his left knee buckled down. He saw the attack coming but he knew he couldn't dodge anymore and waited for the impact. But it didn't happen.

The opponent who was about to attack him was thrown backwards by a brutal punch by a warrior in black combat gear and white fox mask. He recognized the fox mask at first glance. Aleks? That's not possible. He is with Juri and Lao.

Aleks went to Alas and created a barrier around them. His skin began to glow, and he pushed his second skin as far as he could, so he had room to kneel next to Alas. Their opponents hesitated and did not seem to know whether to attack or not. Aleks took advantage of their hesitation and his hands on Alas' chest.

"Alas, it's me. Sam is doing well."

"Aleks, what are you doing here?" the demon hissed.

Aleks didn't answer, instead, he closed his eyes and let his healing magic flow into the injured warrior. He healed all his injuries from the inside out.

Alas felt his wounds close and the pain stop. Their opponents also looked stunned as Alas was restored.

One of the enemy's demons shook himself out of the stupor and attacked the barrier with a hammer. The blow bounced off the barrier, but Alas saw the small cracks where it had struck. This also awakened the others and they started to attack

At that moment, Aleks finished healing Alas, and both of them got up. Aleks pulled out his two machetes and Alas took his blood-stained katana in his hand. They tensed up and the moment the barrier splintered, they attacked. With fluent movements, they put the opponents out of action.

I prevented Samuel's and Alas' death. Only Cone is missing.

"Where's Cone?" Aleks asked his ally.

"Aleks, you have to leave immediately. You can't stay here," the warrior replied.

Aleks knew that, if necessary, Alas would personally carry him away from here. He sighed. No help, huh?

"See you, Alas," he said to the warrior. Before the demon could say anything, Aleks disappeared.

He had trained for days with Belial with his time-stopping ability. Now he could use it for a few seconds, although not too often. He hid behind a tree and inspected the battlefield. Then he tried to remember what the environment around Cone had looked like in his vision. There were hardly any trees, dry torn-up soil. It has to be somewhere in the middle. Great. Smack in the middle of the battlefield. He wasn't comfortable with that at all.

He looked around the center space for the warrior with the snake marks on his arm. It took him a while to identify him. He fought like a berserker with a saber against three attackers at the same time. A fourth attacker approached him from behind. Damn. Aleks had no choice. He ran. He couldn't use his ability to stop time right now, so his speed boosters had to be enough.

He ran across the ranks, as far away as possible from the combatants, towards the warrior. Crap, he won't make it in time. The enemy behind aimed his halberd at Cone. Aleks took Eve and hurled it at the attacker.

Cone heard a scream behind him and saw an attacker pull a machete out of his upper arm. But at the same moment, another enemy attacked him from the right. Cone pulled his saber upwards, but shortly after the attack, it was torn from his hands. Another attacker simply stabbed him in the legs from the side – a warrior with a white fox mask.

"Eve, back," he shouted, and the machete, which the enemy had painfully removed from his upper arm, flew back into the hand of his rescuer.

"How bad is your condition, Cone?" a voice he recognized asked. You cannot be serious. What is the weakling doing here? But he didn't have time for that. The overthrown demon rose and hit Aleks' upper arm with his shortsword.

The moment it hit his skin, it bounced off and Aleks hit the demon's face with his glowing fist. He flew backwards due to the energy released by the impact and remained motionless. Then the glittering skin on Aleks' upper arm splintered.

Phew, that had been close. For a short moment, they took a break. Aleks went to the warrior and healed his abdominal and arm wounds. He hadn't gotten any worse. A few seconds later, he saw a demon with black wings fly over him and heard a loud bang.

Belial flew in the sky. A loud bang. A silver spear drilled into his wing, and he crashed. Below, a gray-haired demon was waiting, ready to sink his sword deep into his body. Blood splashed, screams everywhere.

The signs. The vision would be coming true now.

Nix played with a strand of his hair that had fallen on his face. What was his little angel doing? He could only receive visions of what would happen and unfortunately, didn't receive any live images. Only when the future changed did he know whether his intervention had been successful or not. At the moment, the future was blurred. So, an event was currently taking place that would affect the future to a great extent.

"Hmm, little angel. Are you working hard? Did you save your heart?"

Then he felt a familiar tingling. His surroundings blended into white background, and he could see. After the vision ended, he laughed out loud. That was better than anything he could have hoped for. But nothing was decided yet. The crucial part of the future was still unwritten. He would wait patiently until the little angel finally took the pen and wrote it.

_____________________________

Heaven, hell, Lord God. How can this oracle be so calm and serene? What did he see that we don't know?

The vision has begun, will it happen as Nix had seen?

How is Aleks supposed to save his demon up in the air?

Your Mouse Goddess