Chapter 72

Everyone present heard the energy ball's impact. Gloria had fired an energy ball at Aleks, and she had hit the bull's eye. Even if they could hardly believe the powers Aleks possessed, only a few could avoid such an attack. The smoke cleared. Incredible.

Strenuously breathing, Aleks who was crouched down had pushed a barrier forward at the last moment. This had intercepted the attack. He heard the familiar crunch, and the barrier broke. That was close. But he couldn't get time to think. A punch met his chin and he was thrown aside, landing on his stomach.

With a ringing in his ear, he tried to find his bearings again. But then he felt a foot press down on his back.

"You put me in a lot of trouble." His enemy said, painfully pressing down on the spot where his wings were hidden.

Aleks shouted, "Take it off!" Zion shifted the weight in surprise, Aleks turned and pulled himself away. He retreated and wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth.

"Keep quiet, or I'll kill him," the little blonde demon giggled. Aleks paused.

"What do you mean?" he asked confusedly.

"I'm killing him. Your treasure. Just like that," she said in a cheerful voice. Aleks looked at her in horror. She doesn't know... Then he heard Belial's cries of pain. He bent over and held his head. The blonde giggled again.

"Stop!" Aleks shouted and ran to his mate.

A strong pain shot through Belial's head as if someone was pushing in a knife and moving it relentlessly. Stop! He could not think clearly. Then he felt relief. Bright light flooded through his body and the pain faded away. Breathing heavily, he opened his eyes and saw his angel's hand on his cheek.

Aleks let his healing magic flow into his demon, fighting his pain. He had been able to cross the barrier effortlessly, but Belial couldn't. Desperately, he looked into the surprised faces of his opponents.

"What are you?" Zion asked sharply.

"Let him out and I'll tell you."

The little demon snapped her tongue. "The game is fun. OK. I'll let him live, but you have to be my toy," she said enthusiastically.

Her toy?

"First, answer the question from my Zizi," she said, lifting a finger in the air.

Aleks knew he had no choice. He wouldn't allow them to hurt Belial. Carefully he moved away from his mate and stood exactly between him and his opponents.

"I'm half human, so the barrier probably doesn't work for me. That's what you wanted to know."

Zion seemed to be pondering over the statement. It could actually be because of it, but what if he is lying?

"How am I supposed to know if you're telling the truth?" Zion asked challengingly. Aleks looked sinister.

"Aleks stay quiet," Belial shouted. He felt him trying to wrestle himself out.

"I can't lie," he said. Was this supposed to be a joke?

"Gloria, your toy keeps on lying to us. Punish him." Aleks raised his hands in panic.

"It's the truth. I. Can't. Lie. I haven't been able to do it since I was born," he said, nearly screaming.

Zion held Gloria back. Something was wrong. Why would he come up with something so stupid when, after all, the life of his mate was at stake?

"Well, let's say I believe you. Does that mean you always have to tell me the truth, no matter what I ask?"

Aleks shook his head. I knew it.