2.02

CHAPTER TWO

Dark eyes, almost like they were filled with blood, they watched me. From the corner of the room it stood, staring at me like I was its next victim.

I couldn't move, my arms and legs felt heavy, almost impossible to lift even an inch. I could feel my heart beating in a rapid manner. Droplets of sweat were slowly rolling down my forehead.

Then it started breathing, loud and heavy breathing. It slowly started moving and its appearance became clearer. Now I could see blood dripping from the corner of its mouth, thick dark red blood. Its veins were showing on its face, poisonous blood running through it.

I wanted to close my eyes but even that was impossible. I wanted to scream for help and cry my eyes out but my body wouldn't let me, I was trapped.

"You did this to me, you made me into a monster."

It spoke, he spoke, his voice, no it wasn't his voice, it was different. He sounded angry, no, vicious.

I could now feel my heartbeat in my throat, making me feel the urge to throw up. My head was throbbing in pain, it felt like exploding.

"You didn't even try, you're weak."

While his hair used to be a beautiful blond colour it was now bloodied and falling out. Scars covered his face like it had been cut by a sharp knife multiple times.

His clothes were ripped apart and covered in mud and blood. His shirt had a big blood stain in the middle, evident that someone had stabbed him in the chest.

His breathing became louder with every step he took and his eyes never left mine. The room became colder, almost unbearable. My whole body was shaking continuously but at the same time my entire body was covered in sweat.

He was now standing next to me, slowly bending down. I could feel his breath on my skin, burning into it like fire. A foul smell invaded my nostrils, like rotten flesh.

"You killed me." he whispered into my ear and I felt my heart skip a beat.

"No!"

"Julia, it's me, it's ok, you're ok!" Thomas said, holding me. I could finally move and take a deep breath again. I pressed my face into Thomas' shoulder, relieve washing over me.

It had been a nightmare, again. The same as always, but this time it felt more real than ever. I could still hear his breathing and his voice clear as day.

'You killed me'

I must have been screaming, several of my friends had entered the hut and were now staring at me with shocked faces. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and wiggled myself out of Thomas' arms. He frowned his eyebrows, trying to keep a hold of me. 

"I'm fine, Thom." I muttered, standing up. "Show's over, shanks."

Pushing Gally out of the way I exited the hut, it was pitch black outside except for the torches forming a path in the sand.

"Julia, wait!" Thomas shouted, grabbing my shoulder to turn me around.

"It was just a nightmare, forget about it."

"Julia, talk to me."

"There's nothing to say."

"But—"

"No, Thom, I'm done talking."

I turned around, walking fast until I was out of sight. I hid behind the camp at the far end of the beach. Leaning against a rock I sat down on the sand and tried to control my breathing. I could feel goosebumps on my skin with my hand and a shiver ran over my spine.

I pulled my legs close, trying to keep myself warm and trying to get rid of that cold feeling I felt just a few minutes before. 

But the image of the deadly look in his eyes never left my mind. I had to do something to get rid of it. If I couldn't fight my demons in my sleep I was going to have to fight the demons while being awake.