1.19

I changed into an oversized jumper and some black leggings

I changed into an oversized jumper and some black leggings. I got rid of my worn out clothing and slid into a pair of white sneakers. I watched my now clean appearance in the mirror and brushed through my long hair.

"Look at you, you look pretty decent for once, Green bean." Minho smirked, scanning me from head to toe. I turned around and playfully pushed his shoulder.

"You don't look too bad yourself."

Minho smiled and was about to say something when Thomas pulled me into a hug, not saying anything. I pressed my face into his shoulder and sighed. Thomas squeezed me tightly before letting go and looking me in the eyes.

"Are you ok?"

I shrugged, I didn't exactly know how I felt. I felt lucky to be alive and rescued but the ones we lost kept showing up in the back of my mind.

"Are you?" I asked but Thomas did the exact same thing as me and moved his shoulders up and down. We would be ok, eventually. Thomas eyes wandered off to another brunette, I grinned to myself and nodded as if telling him to go. He grinned and squeezed my arm before walking off.

I found my way to Newt and studied his fresh look. He wore a greyish sweater and blue jeans. He looked unbelievably handsome. His blond hair was now shiny and clean. He still had a faint scar on his cheek, reminding me of what happened just hours before.

He smirked once he realised I had been staring at him and pulled me into his arms. He pressed his soft lips onto my forehead.

"You look handsome." I whispered. He grinned and looked me in the eyes. "I'm nothing compared to you, love." he spoke in his perfect accent. My stomach fluttered whilst he pressed his lips against mine. I felt so lucky.

We were led into a medical examination hall, waiting for our names to be called so we could be examined. I held onto Newt's hand with my life and watched my friends getting called.

"Newt?" a bald man wearing a white coat called out. Newt instantly tightened his grip around my hand and asked "Can she come with me?"

"She'll get called any second. I need you to follow me, alone."

I looked up at Newt and smiled reassuringly. He smiled back but I could see it was hard for him to walk away. I watched him sitting down in one of the examination areas.

Minho was running on one of the treadmills whilst Frypan was fighting one of the doctors because he didn't want them to stick a needle inside of his arm. I grinned but snapped my eyes away when a tall blonde woman called out for me.

I followed her down the hall and sat down on a bed, close to where Teresa was seated. We shared a smiling look until the curtains around her were closed.

The blonde woman that helped me was searching through some drawers and cabinets. After a few minutes she turned towards me with a huge needle in her hands.

"What's that?" I asked, not that pleased seeing such a sharp needle.

"A vitamin shot, you've been lacking a lot of nutrition in there." she explained and cleaned my arm before sticking the sharp needle inside. I bit my lip and looked away trying to bite the hissing pain back. Luckily it didn't take long for her to remove the needle.

"Alright, first I'd like for you to run for a while on the treadmill. It would give me an idea of your endurance and heart rate." she explained smilingly and escorted me towards the treadmill where Minho had been running just seconds ago.

Without thinking twice I began running on the treadmill. I turned the speed up and soon I was sprinting on the machine. I enjoyed it but the part of running that made me feel good was being able to move anywhere, freely and a treadmill didn't give me that satisfaction.

I kept running and saw my friends being done, one by one. Soon they walked past me. The blonde woman told them I'd be joining them soon. Newt seemed hesitant but I nodded reassuringly that I was going to be ok. But having them disappear out of my sight felt slightly terrifying.

"That's enough, you've got some good endurance. The body of a true runner. Now, I need you to ask some questions." she explained and led me back to the bed I had been sitting on earlier.

"It has come to my attention that you were the only female in there for quite some time. So, I have to ask, did you have any intimate interactions with any of them?"

I bit my lip and nodded nervously.

"Alright, I'm going to need you to remove your legging then."

"Why?"

"I need to know if there's any chance of you being pregnant."