1.25

We were laying underneath the night sky

We were laying underneath the night sky. I rolled on my side and stared at Newt's peaceful sleeping face. It made me sad that he and my friends had to go through this. They didn't deserve a life like this, always on the run.

"I love you." I whispered even though he was in a deep sleep. I moved closer, feeling his calm rhythmic heartbeat.

"Guys, get up!" Thomas yelled all of the sudden. I jumped up in merely a split second, wide awake. I shook Newt awake and helped him up.

"I see lights!"

I rubbed my eyes and acknowledged the far away lights. But the second our excitement came only a second after it disappeared when we heard a thunder above us. We knew we had to get the hell out of there.

"Let's go, come on!"

We ran together, trying to get to the lights in time. We approached a building, a rusty old building with lights coming from inside. Hand in hand Newt and I ran towards the building.

I could almost touch the door when lightning struck. Thomas and Minho were hit and fell onto the ground. My heart skipped a beat but a few seconds after Thomas climbed to his feet. The guys carried Minho's unconscious body inside whilst I held the door open.

I locked the door behind us and kneeled down next to Minho. We shook his body and called for his name. Finally, he woke up, groaning making all of us sigh in relief.

"What happened?" he asked, looking dazed. I couldn't help but chuckle at his calm behaviour. "I think you just got struck by lightning." I answered.

"Oh." Minho smirked proudly. I giggled and pulled him into a hug, relieved he was fine. When I pulled back he had the biggest smirk on his face. I slapped him on the shoulder and giggled "Don't get used to it, bud."

"What's that smell?" Teresa questioned before turning a torch on. I flinched at the sound of horrific growls. I stepped back, my back hitting Newt's chest. He pulled me behind him, stepping in front of me in a protective manner.

"I see you've met our guard dogs." a feminine voice boomed whilst another light was turned on. The silhouette of a woman walked towards us, walking past the chained creatures like it was nothing.

She had short brown hair, a pixie cut. She swayed her hips from side to side with a smirk on her face. "You guys look like shit. Come on, follow me, unless you wanna stay here with them."

I furrowed my eyebrows, unsure whether I trusted her or not but she had a point. Hell I'd go anywhere as long as I wasn't with those creatures. Newt pulled me along with him, holding my hand whilst he led me through the path of those monsters.

We moved through the building, people were gawking at us like we were animals at the zoo. I got goosebumps when a tall tattooed man laid his eyes on my body. I clutched my arms to my chest and scowled cautiously.