1.1

I was awoken by the sound of screeching metal

  I was awoken by the sound of screeching metal. I gasped for breath but my body didn't allow me to take one. My head was throbbing in agony and my mind was foggy. I tried standing up but my legs were wobbly and weak, I had to hold the walls of the strange cage-like box I was in. It was moving upwards in high speed and it made my stomach churn. I gagged once the nausea overwhelmed me and fell back on the hard floor of the box.

I placed my sweaty palms in my hair and pulled my thick long hair. A cold fearful cry escaped my mouth. The most terrifying part was not knowing anything about my past. I couldn't remember anything but common sense, not even a simple memory, not even my name.

  I crawled to every corner of the box, trying to find an escape but besides a dozen crates there was no way out. The noises of the lift suddenly disappeared when the box came to a stop. Vague murmurs were heard above me and I eyed at the small strip of light. I rubbed my hands in my eyes and swallowed when the top of the box got opened.

   My heart skipped a beat when several figures appeared, leaning over the edge of the box, watching me like an animal at the zoo. I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand and breathed heavily when someone jumped inside. He was intimidatingly tall and I swiftly searched the floor for any kind of weapon.

  "It's a girl.." said a male voice with a British accent, jumping inside along with the other guy. I scrambled to my feet and realised how small I was compared to these both guys. One of them was a tall, lean boy with blond hair and comforting icy blue eyes.

  "Hey, Greenie."

  I knitted my eyebrows together and found a metal rod on the floor. I clutched onto it and held it in front of me as a way of protecting myself. But with our height difference I probably wouldn't stand a chance against the two guys.

  "I suggest you put that down before you hurt yourself." said the other, even taller boy. He clenched his jaw and came off like an overly confident boy.

  "She's just frightened, slinthead!" the boy with the British accent shouted angrily. I took their distraction as an opportunity and climbed out of the metal box. My arms were weak and shook but nonetheless I managed to get out without getting caught.

  "Greenie!"

  I ran faster than I thought I'd be able to. The adrenaline rushed through my body and my eyes scanned the confusing surroundings. I passed several small, wooden buildings and hammocks in the tree line of a forest. It wasn't until my eyes darted towards the four terrifying grey walls that I reached full panic mode.

  "We've got a runner!" one of the boys yelled, they were all cheering and joking as I ran for my life.

  Once I reached the wall I pressed my palms against the cold stone and breathed heavily, trying to search for an escape and that's when I saw it, the opening. I held my breath and leaped towards it.