1.31

six months later

six months later

"Good morning, Julia." Doctor Reynolds greeted me, a fake smile forming on her face. Her high heels clicked on the ground as she entered the room making me want to fake gag.

"Ready for the big day?"

I held my lips in a tight line and watched her from underneath the hairs that hung over my face. My hair had been cut to shoulder length because they found it more convenient but I knew it was merely a punishment.

She smiled, pleased to see the extra handcuffs around my wrists reminding me of last time when I only wore one pair of handcuffs and nearly choked the woman to death. She walked closer and leaned close to my face. I could smell her obnoxious fruity perfume and resisted the urge to fake gag once again.

"We're taking some blood again before the big move, you're lucky. I've always wanted to see the city. This grudge you have isn't necessary, you'll be helping so many people. You should be honoured."

I let out a breathy laugh before spitting right in her disgusting face. She scrunched her nose up in disgust and wiped away my saliva with the sleeve of her white doctor's coat.

"That young lady, was not very nice."

"Bite me." I smirked and watched her leave the room. She cocked her head to the side and signed the guards to get me. After my many attempts of hurting her she was afraid to even lay a finger on me. Maybe I would've done the same in her position. It was quite hilarious actually, they seriously needed a bulky guy to handle a petite girl like me.

"Let's move." he ordered. I resisted by staying put on my seat but he pulled me to stand. His grip was harsh and painful, probably adding another bruise to the collection.

I was dragged though the white hallway, walking along with the guard and doctor Reynolds. I tilted my head to the side, seeing my reflection in one of the glass doors. My short hair, the black eye, the huge scar on my face going from my right eyebrow all the way down to the corner of my mouth made me look like an entirely different person than before all this.

How I got the scar was one hell of a story I proudly told Minho when I saw him the next morning in the cafeteria. We used to speak all the time but after we attempted to escape together several times they banned us from talking to anyone. We were forced to stay in our cells at all times besides the times where they'd drain the blood out of our body.

"Just one sack of blood today, no tests." Doctor Reynolds said and stuck a needle in my arm. I huffed and watched the many litres of blood gushing out of my body like it was nothing.

I stared blankly at myself through the reflection in the window. I looked like a criminal in the black uniform I was forced to wear. Most of the kids wore a blue uniform but I was an exception they said. In their words I was troubled, what a joke.

After the vampires took another sack of my blood I was taken downstairs. Today we were being moved just like they did a lot of the time but this time felt different. They kept talking about a big city and I feared the worst. The tension lingered in the air whilst we were lined up, usual procedure.

They scanned the back of our necks and called our numbers out loud. I twisted my head around, looking for a certain brunet. In the first line I was him, his head hanging low. He seemed paler than last time I saw him which had been about two months ago already.

"Minho." I whispered but before he could hear he was taken outside along with some other kids. I swallowed and waited for myself to get dragged away.

Before I was taken away to complete isolation I used to speak with Aris and Sonya at times. Just like me and Minho they hadn't given up yet. I cocked my head to the side and saw both Aris and Sonya standing close to me. Aris had a huge black eye, one of the many punishments we got for resisting against them.

I groaned when one of the guards pulled me outside along with some others. I was nearly blinded by the bright sunlight considering I hadn't stepped outside since last time they moved us. The warmth of the sun felt nice on my pale skin but I couldn't enjoy it for long as they pushed me inside one of the train compartments.

I sat down in the very back and glanced around at the other kids. I grinned to myself seeing how I had double the amount of chains compared to them. They even considered placing a mask over my face because I wouldn't stop spitting in everyone's faces.

Not long after me Sonya and Aris walked into the compartment. Their faces brightened up to see me. A smirk grew on my face and they said down in the front.

I hung my head low and waited for the train to start driving. It didn't take long before the train was moving in high speed. I licked my lips and tapped my foot on the ground, it being the only sound to break the awful silence.

The kids their hearts were beating like crazy, I could practically hear them like the beat in a song. I used to be just as scared but my fear turned into anger. I hated WICKED with every bone in my body.