1.11

third person's view

third person's view

A certain blond paced around the closed doors, worried for the girl he cared about so much. He could only hope that she was going to be ok and make it out alive.

"They'll be here, she'll be here." he mumbled to himself, trying to convince himself. He refused to think the worst, Julia made it through a night in the maze before. Back then she was all alone, yet now she was with three others. They could make it through together.

Little did Newt know about the events that took place on the other side of the wall, inside the maze.

A Griever caught sight of the Gladers. The unconscious brunette laid in Minho's arms whilst he ran, trying to escape the monstrous creature. Minho turned around as the walls were closing behind him, their perfect escape but the newest Greenie, Thomas, had a plan in mind. While Minho thought it was the perfect escape Thomas thought it was the perfect trap.

"What are you waiting for? Get out of there!" Minho shouted, his eyes widening a the sight of the Griever running like a murderous beast, chasing them like a predator chases their prey. "Come on, Greenie!"

Thomas ran, as fast as he could, trying to escape the sharp teeth. The walls were near closing and Thomas was nearly getting crushed between them.

"Thomas!" Minho called and sighed in relief once Thomas made it through, collapsing on his knees. Not only had he escaped the Griever but he killed it.

Suddenly the small brunette opened her eyes and when the haziness cleared from her mind she jumped out of Minho's arms with wide eyes.

"Julia."

"What happened?" but her eyes widened in shock once she she the squashed Griever between the closed walls. She shivered seeing its murderous body.

"Thomas, he trapped it in between the walls and killed it."

She shared a look with Thomas and grinned in amazement until she realised the fourth person that should be present wasn't there. "Alby?"

"He's alright, I— we hid him."

"You can say it, Greenie. What he's trying to tell you is that I ran off with you whilst he stuck around to safe Alby."

The trio then began walking back to Alby, still trying to be quiet in case another Griever would pay a visit. Julia's head still pounded like crazy but she couldn't stop wondering what Thomas was to her. If they knew each other before this than maybe they were friends..

"Thomas." she whispered earning the boy's attention. He looked over his shoulder with a questioning look. "I remembered you, I know it sounds weird but I think we used to be friends."

"What do you remember?" he asked but he didn't even look surprised that she knew him. It was as if he already knew this.

"I was about to be sent into the maze, I was scared and you comforted me saying I was—"

"Strong, brave and extremely fast?" he finished her sentence. Julia raised her eyebrows in question. How did Thomas know?

"I remembered the same thing the first day I came here and shook your hand. But that's not all, I remembered something else as well. We're not just friends, Julia."

"What do you mean?"

"We're siblings."