Chapter Twenty-Three

J's on my feet. J's on my feet. (23)

---

      If you want to punch the wall and get drunk and you know it clap your hands. If you want to punch the wall and get drunk clap your hands (clap, clap).

       Why does this have to happen now? It's been months since I met Mario, and now he decided to get a girlfriend? Now that I actually want to be with him? What is this, some stupid romance novel?

       I sat on the lid of the toilet, cursing myself for waiting so long to realize my feelings. I hate that stupid brunette bitch with her shampoo-commercial hair and sparkling eyes. Why can't I have sparkling eyes? Why can't I be beautiful?

       I threw the toilet roll across the bathroom in frustration,

      "Lena? You okay in there?"

        I recognized Lisa's voice coming from behind the door.

        "Yeah, one minute."

        I finally realized I had been crying, and looked like literal crap. It's okay though. It's only Lisa.

        I opened the door and the minute she saw my face she embraced me in a tight hug.

        "I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you but there just wasn't a good time," she said softly as I sniffled.I sighed.

        "It's fine. It's just... I finall realized that- that I actually really like him."

        Lisa's eyes widened and she hugged me again, but tighter this time. I let out a weird high-pitched noise as she suffocated me.

        "Oh, I'm sorry Lena!" Lisa exclaimed with an apologetic smile. I nodded.

        "It's okay. I'm okay. Let's just go back tot he party," I said.

        Are you stupid Lena? You're not okay you filthy liar.

        I opened the door and trudged out. It took me a few seconds to realize everyone was staring at me and Lisa, and then another to comprehend what this looked like:

        Me and Lisa coming out og the bathroom, together, hair messed up from the hugging. Oops?

        "It's not- it's not like that," I said and Lisa laughed awkwardly. Everyone looked skeptical except for THomas who laughed at his wife.

        "Whatever you say Lis," he said with a chuckle, causing her to playfully punch him.

        I smiled and walked away, leavnig the two love birds some alone time. I need a drink, I decided.

        I walked into the bar room where people were dancing and talking. As I poured myself some of Mike's Hard Lemonade I heard a stupid, angelic giggle. I looked up and there she was. Julia. She had her hand on Mario's thigh and was laughing at every single thing he said while beatting her eyelashes sweetly. I clenched my fists, and took a deep breath.

        C'mon Lena. Be the bigger person. Now pick up your drink and leave the room.

        I picked up my drink.

        Yes, there you go. You've picked up your drink and we're going now.

        I began walking to the door, but subconsciously made my way over to Julia and Mario instead.