Chapter Twenty-Nine

"What about kicks?" Doctor Klein stood in front of with a raised eye brow, clip board in hand.

"Kicks?" Lio asked from where he was holding my hand beside me.

"Yeah, has the baby kicked yet?"

I looked down at my stomach, which was pretty large at this point. Doctor Klein had been asking about the baby's movement the past few visits and it worried me that he hadn't kicked yet. I laughed silently to myself.

He's the son of the man who score the world cup winning goal, was conceived at a soccer party, and  yet he's behind on kicking.

"Are you okay?" Lionel looked at me questioningly.

I nodded. "Yeah-- and no, not yet," I looked at the doctor for the second part.

"I want you to count how often he kicks every day now, I'm sure he'll start soon. You are now 29 weeks along so you should be expecting him in about ten weeks-- he's due April 5 as you know, and he's around two and a half pounds."

I nodded but I was still too focused on the lack of my baby's activity to really be listening.

---

"April 5,"

I looked up from my phone and at Lio who was driving us home.

"Yeah, April 5," I paused for a moment. "He'll be an aries. My best friend is an aries."

Lio didn't answer, but I could sense him smiling from beside me.

"I bet you've looked up all the famous celebrities born that day," he spoke up a minute later.

I grinned.

"Both Jamie Lynn Spears and Alexa Nikolas from Zoey101 were born that day. So were youtubers Ricky Dillon and Lisa Schwartz. And of course, Robert Downy Junior and Austin Mahone."

Lio laughed.

"I'm not surprised you know all that. You wouldn't be you if you didn't.

He stopped at a red light and looked at me, resting his hand on mine.

"I know you Lena."

I looked away.

You're lucky you don't.

---

"Why won't the baby kick?" I complained, laying down next to Lio. It had been a long, tiring day and I was frustrated that things weren't going as scheduled.

Then again, when do things EVER go as scheduled for me?

"It's not your fault babe," Lio said, pulling my closer to him.

I sighed into his shoulder, and he put a hand on the small of my back to comfort me.

I am an over achiever.

I can't help it.

I simply have to be the best at everything.

So my poor baby is going to have to be the best at everything.

"He'll kick, don't you worry."

Lionel put his hand on my chin gently, and lifted my head up to him so I was looking into his eyes. His didn't leave mine as he moved his head closer to mine, bringing our lips together. I liked kissing Lio, even if I didn't love him like I wish I did. Our mouths moved in sync like it was a song we knew all the word too. He slid his hand under my shirt and moved his thumb in a circle. His hands were warm like his eyes, something I'd always liked about him.

My hands were always cold, no matter how long I kept them under a blanket or locked with Lio's hands.

He broke the kiss, and moved a strand of hair away from my face.

"I love you," he whispered.

I opened my eyes, and could see he wasn't looking at me. His words were genuine, but his eyes weren't.

Before I could say anything he kissed me again.

"Lio!" I pulled away.

"What is it?" he asked with worry written all over his face.

I smiled, and felt a tear trickle down my face.

"He kicked. The baby-- he kicked!"

He grinned at first. The corners of his mouth turned upward and he looked happy.

But then suddenly, the look was gone. And with it, so was he.

He jumped out of bed, and ran out of the bedroom.

"Lionel!" I cried out, chasing after him.

I scurried down the stairs, millions of emotions rushing through me.

I called his name again, until I found him, hands on the kitchen table, hyperventilating.

"I can't, I just can't. I'm losing my mind."

He was white as a ghost and sweating. 

"My heart is pounding, I can't breathe."

I embraced him, refusing to let go.

"Calm down Lio, you're having a panic attack."

Fear swelled inside me. He had never has a panic attack before. Not that I know anyway. Why was he so freaked out all of a sudden?

We styed wrapped in each other's arms for a few minutes until he was able to regain control of his emotions again.

"I'm sorry," was the first thing he said.

I shook my head sadly.

"It's not your fault."

We stood in silence, not knowing what to do next.

"I can't stay here tonight," he suddenly spoke up.

My heart dropped.

"What? Why not?"

He took a deep breath and shook his head.

"It's too much. It's just too much. I can't, I just can't."

I bit my lip nervously and fiddled with m hair.

"Should I call Marcos? Maybe you can stay with him tonight?"

"He's not in the country right now, Lena. Don't worry, I'll figure it out."

I nodded and sat down on the couch as he went upstairs to make arrangements. A half an hour later, a blue Mercedes pulled in front of our house, and Fabian Goetze stepped out.

A:N// SORRY THIS IS SHORT. I LOVE YOUUU