Chapter Thirteen

Warning: this was written on an airplane. Thus, I apologize for suckiness

I've never been good at spilling the news. Whether it was good or bad, I always made it seem lame and boring. That's why I'm pacing around the room, trying to figure out how to tell Lio. It was noon, and Lio would be home in ten minutes for lunch. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. How do other girls do it? I racked my brain, until I got an idea. I tried debating if I should do it or not. Before I could come to a decision, the door swung open, and Lio came in.

"Hello beautiful."

"Hella daddy." I replied. Then I realized how awkward and pervy that sounded. I should've really thought this through.

"Daddy? Who's daddy am I?" Lio asked winking, probably expecting me to say mine in a flirty way.

Instead of replying, I took his hands and placed them on my stomach.

"What are yo- oh." Lio looked at his hands for a minute, and then at me.

"We're pregnant?" He asked. No, me and Mario are pregnant. I obviously didn't tell him that. Instead, I nodded and gave Lio a small smile.

"How?" He asked.

"Maybe we forgot to use protection.." I lied. He shrugged.

"I'd sue the company, but Im actually quite glad it happened."

I looked up at Lio.

"You are?"

"I am." I sniffled.

"So you won't leave me?" Lio looked at me worried.

"I'll never leave you."

I knew he meant it, but I sort of didn't want him to, for It was clear; I liked both Lio and Mario.

****

"What about names?" I asked. I was laying on a bed with Lio beside me, just staring up at the ceiling. I prayed he wouldn't suggest Lionel Jr. because I honestly hate it when famous footballers name their sons after them.

"How about Lio the Second?" He suggested. I grimaced. That was even worse.

"We'll see." I really didn't want my baby to be named Lio. Especially since it wasn't actually his kid.

"Oh shit." He sat up at once, causing me to sit up too.

"What is it?" I asked worried. Maybe he realized he doesn't want a kid!

"The dinner." The dinner? Oh! My parents invited Lio's family and an old colleagues family to dinner. Since Lio's family was here anyway for vacation, and the colleagues lived here, we decided to host it at our house. My moms going to be doing all the cooking though.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Three thirty." The guests were coming at five. I got up.

"I need to get ready."

"Okay, and Lena?" I turned around.

"Yeah?"

"Let's tell them tonight." I only nodded. How the hell will they react?

***

Twelve dresses and five pairs of shoes later, I finally settled on an outfit. It was a mint green dress, that was skin tight from my chest down to my stomach, and then puffed out. I was thankfully able to wear a pair of football shorts underneath, because like I'm sure I've mentioned before, I hate dresses.

I wore white flats with the dress, and had my hair back in a fishtail braid, fastened with white clips. My makeup consisted of mint green eyeshadow, black mascara and eyeliner and light pink lipstick.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. God, I'm ugly. I still don't get how I managed to get someone like Lio- or sort of get Mario. I was a piece of poop, and they (mario especially) looked like freaking gods. I was one lucky girl, so why am I screwing everything up?

The doorbell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. I took one last took at my reflection, and walked downstairs.

"Well this is a surprise." I heard Lio say. What's a surprise? He soon came into view, and I could see he wasn't alone. Next to him stood his parents, my parents, and the guests.

I should probably point out that the guests just so happen to be Mario, Felix, and their parents. F'ck.

***

I bit my lip nervously. After awkward introductions, dinner, embarrassing stories of all of us (who knew Mario liked to pee on girls he liked when he was little? I hope he grew out of that habit!), it was time for dessert. Lio looked at me and nodded. It was time.

Telling my and my boyfriends parents I was pregnant with supposedly Lio's baby was hard enough. Now, I have to tell Mario too. Great.

My mother stood up to get dessert, but Lio raised his hand to stop her.

"Wait a minute. We have something we need to tell you."

My mom exchanged a worried glance with my father, and sat back down. I took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant." Lio's parents beamed, my parents looked shocked, Felix and his parents looked uncomfortable, and Mario was choking on his water.

"You're what?" Everyone asked.

"She's pregnant" Lio replied for me, and I nodded.

Everyone began talking and spewing questions at the both of us. I caught Mario's eye, and he mouthed me something which looked like kitchen. Now. I got up and said I was getting dessert, and Mario said he'd help. My mother shot me a suspicious look but I ignored it and headed to the kitchen.

"Is it mine?" He asked as soon as I closed the door, blocking out sounds coming from the dining room.

I looked away, not daring to look into those beautiful eyes.

"Is it?" He asked again. I still didn't reply.

"I'll take that as a yes." I nodded this time, nervous. I finally looked up, seeing Mario was making an expression that I couldn't read. After a moment or two, his eyes began to sparkle and his lips twitched into a smile.

"I'm going to be a dad." He said happily.

Is he seriously happy? I'm carrying not only the baby of my boyfriends rival, but also the guilt that comes with it, and he's happy?

But as I looked at Mario's smile, I began grinning too, and suddenly I was laughing. I was pregnant! I was pregnant, and I'm going to be a mom! Soon we were both laughing, not giving a care in the world. We were happy. I haven't felt this happy in a second. And then in the blink of an eye, all the happiness faded away, for Lio opened the kitchen door, asking what was taking so long.

I didn't stop laughing because I remembered I cheated. I didn't even stop laughing because I wanted to cover up what was going on.

The truth is, I stopped laughing because Lio interrupted our moment, and oddly, the only person I wanted to be with right now was Mario.

And Lio ruined that.

I told you I was a sucky girlfriend.

A/N: I'm back in the U.S! hopefully, that means I'll be updating more frequently, but due to the fact that school starts in two days, I don't know how much I'll manage

Please comment, vote and follow :-)