Chapter Eight

A/N: DO NOT BE ALARMED/CONFUSED!!! I CHANGED THE COVER TO THIS STORY! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT :-)

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED, COMMENTED OR EVEN BOTHERED TO READ

CONTEST: CREATE A TRAILER FOR THIS STORY. EMAIL IT TO ME AT APPLESANDCHIPMUNKS@GMAIL.COM OR SHARE IT WITH ME ON YOUTUBE (send me the YouTube link through Wattpad) WINNER GETS A CHARACTER NAMED AFTER THEM. DEADLINE: WHENEVER THIS BOOK IS DONE

ENJOY AND ILYSM

ANNA-KATHARINA

----

"we need to talk"

Mario took my arm and pulled me into a room. A jolt of pain shot through my hand, while at the same time, a jolt of electricity went through my body at Mario's touch. Stupid wall. Stupid Mario, why is he having this effect on me?

Mario turned on the lights, and then immediately turned them off again. A quick apology helped me realize that the bedroom had been...occupied.

I winced as Mario grabbed my hand again, and lugged me through the long hallway, into an empty room. As soon as he let me go, I reached for my hurting hand and shook it out.

"Does it hurt?" Mario asked with clear concern in his eyes, once he noticed my pain.

I shrugged, "A little, yeah. I punched a wall, it needed to know who's boss-no biggie". I joked.

"Why'd you punch a wall?"

"Why not?"

Mario smiled at me, and I swear that his smile is the greatest thing in the world. The way his soft, ever so kissable lips curved into a grin... that smile will be the end of me.

Sadly, the smile disappeared just as quick as it came, for it was replaced with a stern expression, that was oh so sexy, and oh so scary at the same time.

Mario cleared his throat and spoke,

"Um, so... you're probably wondering why I brought you here..." should I be scared right now? I just nodded, anxious to know why, and sort of hoping he took me away so he could profess his love for me. Not that I want that. I like Lio. Only Lio. Yep.

"I'm guessing this belongs to you..." I watched as Mario pulled a thin, rectangular shaped item out of his pocket. When I looked closest, I immediately identified it.

"My driver's license!" I exclaimed, taking it out of his hand. I've been looking literally everywhere for this thing, with no luck. I assumed I'd accidentally packed it, and I'd find it eventually while opening boxes. But why did Mario have it?

"Where'd you find it?" I asked. Mario said nothing. Instead, he pulled something else out of his pocket. Small, black-

"My clutch..."

I put two and two together. I didn't need to ask where Mario got it from. There was only one answer.

"The party...the room...that night....you know."

Oh, f'ck...

***

"Do you remember anything at all?" Mario asked, as he sat down beside me. I groaned and shook my head.

"One minute, I was at the wrong party, the next, I was in bed... With you...'' my cheeks grew red at the last part. I just realized that this means that Mario's seen ME naked. I know that he doesn't remember, but still... this situation just got insanely awkward, and now I feel totally insecure about my body.

I'm honestly just glad he's not furious with me. I can tell he's a bit angry, but we both know it's both our faults.

"How'd you end up at our party anyways?" Mario asked, referring to the celebratory party. I shot him a puzzled look.

"No clue. Felix was the guy who took me there, maybe he got the wrong address?" I suggested, shuddering as I remembered Felix. Mario gave me an understanding look, and then Out of nowhere, His lips twitched into a smile.

"What's the first thing you thought? Damn, he's hot?"

Yes.

"No."

Mario chuckled, but then got serious again.

"Look, Lena", my heart fluttered when he said my name (I don't know why, I'm not into him), "I don't remember much. I was at the party, and you were suddenly there doing shots. Then I was doing shots. Then I don't know... the next thing I remember was waking up to a clacking of heels in my hotel room. I called after you, but you didn't reply", Mario ran his hand through his hair, "I hoped I hadn't done what I thought I had did. Up until this morning, everything was fine."

"But then what?" I broke in.

"I got a package from the hotel, saying this", he motioned towards the clutch, "was found in the room after my stay."

I didn't know what to say, other then "oh".

Mario sighed.

"Does Lionel know?"

I shook my head.

"Are you going to tell him?"

I've considered the option, but quickly ruled it out. Lio would be furious to know I'd slept with his rival... and then lied about. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

"No." Another sigh.

"I won't tell him.. but I swear this thing is going to come back to bite me in the-"

A knock interrupted our conversation. I snapped my head to the opening door, and Lio's head poked out. Mario muttered a curse. Lio looked at me confused.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing." Mario and I said quickly. Lio obviously didn't believe us.

"Okay.... Lena I need you. C'mon." He said, leaving the room. I nodded, and began leaving, but Mario grabbed my arm.

"One last thing. That night- all of it- was nothing but a mistake."

His words hit me like a wrecking ball. Nothing but a mistake. Ouch.

A/N: Sorry about the capitalization errors and such, my IPods being a weenie. Also, sorry it's short... thank you all for your feedback again! I know this isn't what some of you were expecting, but

1. Furious Lio scene coming up next

2. Thanks to an idea from a reader, I've formed a somewhat steamy scene in my mind. That chapter will be dedicated to her. Once I get on a computer, I'll start dedicating chapters to my lovely commenters again :-) thank you!

3. I might update again today, since this chapter was short and crappy. Yay!