𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

DRIP! DRIP! DRIP

DRIP! DRIP! DRIP

I stared into the fogged bathroom mirror, wondering who that woman staring back at me was. I can't wait to get out of this hell hole surrounded by white padded walls, locks that are locked fron the outside, and uncomfortable beds.

You would think I would be used to it by now, having been here for 5 years but no I still loathe this place more than anything in the world.

If it hadn't been for my father's ex-wife, Renee Dwayer, formally Swan, I would have been at home all along with my father and my best friend, Jacob Black.

Today marks five years without my Romario or Roman as people call him for short, Roman is the love of my life and my mate, who was sent away to prison when I was 16 years old.

Your probably wondering who the fuck I am and why I'm telling you all these things that make no sense to you or benefits you and not way shape or form, we'll my name is Katia Anne Swan.

I'm 21 years old as of one week ago, I'm Charlie Swan's adoptive daughter and today is the first time I'll be going back home to Forks, Washington after being locked up in St. Patrick's psychiatric asylum for women for four almost five years.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I turned the sink off abruptly and opened the bathroom door that connected to my room. Standing before me was one of the nurses, who had been with my since I got here when I was 16, Ms. Stanley.

Ms. Stanley was a thin old white woman, with gray hair, a wrinkled body, and kind eyes. She was the first one I met when I arrived here and ever since she had taken me under her wing and took care of me.

" Look at you, you were so small and frail when you were sent to this hell hole but now look at you," she whisper softly, "I'm proud of the woman you have become my little flower." she said, wrapping her warm arms around my towel covered body.

I hugged her back softly, enjoying the warmth she evaded. After a while she pulled back and handed me a stack of clothes and a velvet box.

" Special delivery for your last day here." she said, kissing my forehead and walked away.

" Wait these aren't mine." I said trying to hand them back.

" I know little flower, they were sent here yesterday along with another present that you will get after you finish the sign out process," she said, "oh, I almost forgot, your father called and said that he'll be waiting for you when you get home." She smiled, turning back around.

After Ms. Stanley Walked away I sat on the bed and looked at the clothes, immediate recognizing the Baldassari Fashion brand on the collars.

I squealed excitedly, thinking about Roman and his family who I have always thought of as my second family, with his sister Valentina and his mother and father Marie and Vince Baldassari who considers me as family too, they even tried to fight for me when my mother, her husband Phil, and my bratty-selfish sister decided that I needed to be sent away.

I quickly dressed, completely forgetting the velvet box and rushed back into the bathroom to see how I looked, in the mirror I saw a caramel skinned woman with light Brown-ish eyes, long curly hair, tattoos, piercings, and an hourglass figure.

I smiled felling more confident by the minute and ready to go home. I rushed back into the room to pack my things when I remembered the velvet box, sitting on my bed I opened the box and sharply inhaled.

Tears clouded my eyes as I looked down at the rose gold, flower designed, promise ring I got from Roman when I was 15. I looked at the clock and quickly rushed out.

*4 hours later*

I stood outside the asylum gates for this second present that I was getting. After 20 minutes of standing out there in the cold, a black Mersades Benz-G class pulled up. One of the guards stepped out and handed me the keys, a note and walked away silently.

Our dearest Katia,
This car is yours, it's paid for in full so don't try to return it, we can't wait to see you.
Love Marie and Vince Baldassari💜

I smiled and stepped in, the interior was black with diamond in crushed steering wheel, dashboard, stereo system, lever, and head rest. On the floor of the car were gray glittered rugs.

I said goodbye and thank you to Ms. Stanley for taking care of me and teaching me to drive in secret. looking at the side compartments.

I found a new i-phone, and a new gold and black pocket knife with my name in graved on the sides. I turned on the car and put in the GPS, saying a quick prayer to get me home safe. I got on the road.

Xoxo-M 🦋
please comment and vote

Xoxo-M 🦋please comment and vote