𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2

I took a deep breath as I once again checked over my eldest daughter, Katia's new bedroom and bathroom

I wanted everything to be as perfect as it can get, even though my youngest daughter, Isabella was going through some kind of zombie faze right now because her boyfriend's family skipped town.

After having not been allowed to see Katia at all during these hell filled 5 years, because my ex-wife Renee and her new husband Phil wouldn't put me on the visitors list.

I haven't told Bella about Katia coming home yet because I wanted to surprise her. As I looked over at the clock one more time I quickly stuck my head into Bella's room to find her where she'd been for the last couple of months, sitting on the rocking chair that was once in front of her desk, looking out the window all pale and half dead.

I slowly shut the door and went down stairs to wait for Katia to get home, before Katia was sent away she and I were really close.

I remember the first time she come back to stay with me again after Renee had taken her and Bella away, she had brought a tall boy with her that looked to be at least two or three years older than her.

The whole time they were here they never left each other's sides, it was so cute yet refreshing, Roman was always right behind her to keep her safe and protected and she was always there to calm him down after an episode.

He was like the son I always wanted and when he was sent away, I couldn't be disappointed with him because if it weren't for him who knows what that pervert could have done to Katia. I slowly inhaled when I saw a black Mersades Benz pull into the driveway.

As I passed the Forks welcome sign, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding

The whole ride here I was thinking about whether or not my papa had changed, was he still the tall man I remember, did he still like to go fishing with uncle Billy and Harry Clearwater, does he still eat at our favorite dinner.

I also thought about Isabella too but I didn't waste too much brain cells Thinking about whether she changed or not because something tells me she didn't.

~~~~~

I pulled into the driveway of my papa's home and immediately a feeling of familiarity and comfort hit me.

" Katia." I heard.

Turning around and saw my papa rushing towards me with open arms.

" My sweet girl," He whispered, " Look how beautifully you've grown."

" Papa I haven't grown since I was 15." I laughed, pulling away.

Looking at my papa's smile I instantly felt a feeling of warmth spread through my heart, my papa had always been a lonely man even though he didn't want to admit it he was always lonely whenever Roman and I would go back to Phoenix.

" why don't you go inside and settle down while I get your things, I have a surprise for you." papa said.

" okay papa." I replied.

I stepped into the house that I haven't been in, in nearly 5 years and started tearing up. Seeing all the photos on the mantle and the wall, one picture in particular caught my attention as I picked it up, it was of Roman, Paul Lohote, Sam Uley, and I the summer before Roman and I were sent away.

Being the smallest of them and the only girl I was in the middle, the picture was taken when I was sitting on Roman's lap wrapped up in his arms, I was laughing at something Paul had said when Sue Clearwater snuck up on us and took the picture.

I placed the picture down and picked up the one next to it, it was of me and Roman on Halloween when I was 10, I had rainbow braces and my hair was in a big messy pig tail.

I was wearing my Harley Quinn backpack, and my princess costume, while Roman was wearing his prince costume and his Joker backpack.

I laughed slightly at the memories, while papa walked in.

" Okay all set, let's go upstairs." He said, making his way up.

" I can't believe you kept all these silly old photos." I laughed, in disbelief and shook my head before walking along with him.

" Of course I kept them, everytime I missed you and Roman I could always look at those pictures and see those pictures and see those bright smiles on your faces." He replied, stopping at a door that stood out in the bland corridor.

Papa opened the door and motioned for me to step inside first, inside was a beautifully decorated room with a white and brown color scheme.

There were two doors inside the room, I stepped into one of the doors and saw a gorgeous bathroom with an art if artificial plant in front of the bathtub.

The second door led to a medium walk in closet stock to the brim in cloths, shoes, and bags all in my size

I pulled papa into a tight hug, " Thank you papa, I love it but I do have a question, where did all these clothes come from?" I asked.

" Your welcome, actually these were shipped to the house yesterday, in so many boxes I had to get the guys to help me carry them up," He laughed,

" I don't know who sent them but something tells me you do because they seem really expensive and your name was on all the boxes, also Leah Clearwater was the one who organized this room." He said.

" Really well then I can't wait to meet this Leah and thank her because I love this." I laughed.

Whole we were enjoyed the moment we didn't notice Isabella walking our way after hearing the commotion in fury.

" WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE." she yelled angrily.

XOXO-M 🦋comment and vote please 🥺