Chapter 11 - Sikorsky

(Sophia's POV) *two weeks later*

I glance at the house with mixed emotions. Baki grabs my hands, gently helping me out of the car like I'd break at any moment.

"I'm fine Baki." I roll my eyes

"Sophia you lost a kidney, most people would be spoiled rotten after that." I turn, taking in his smirk and gently elbow him.

"What are you doing today?" Kozue asks, grabbing my two bags from the trunk

"Well, I was hoping to check up on my father and the school before meeting up with Retsu for some lunch."

"Are you sure, that seems like a lot of things on your first day back."

I snap him a look "Baki, I don't get on your ass about resting after your arena matches, get off mine."

The man smiles, holding up both his hands

"Alright, alright." He shuts the door, sliding his hands into his pockets "Do you want me to come with you?"

"I'd rather not. It's not a long walk downtown and I know my way from there. A big crowd causes attention." I wave off his look and turn "I have my phone; I'll call you if I need anything."

Kozue takes my hand, squeezing gently "You better or I'll kick your ass."

"You'd have to catch me first."

..

..

"You're total will be twenty-seven ninety five."

The lady slides the books into a bag and I reach into my purse to grab my wallet. I shift to the left, wincing slightly before straightening "are you sure you're alright miss?"

"I'm alright, just a little sore from my surgery." I smile, sending the clerk another nod "Thank you."

When I turn I get a shiver, a heat blooms in my abdomen and I turn, jumping only slightly when I see Doyle standing in the alley across the street. I feel his eyes on me and I watch his head move back, nodding me over to him and he backs up, disappearing.

I shift the bag, moving it onto my left shoulder and step out of the building. I turn my head, checking both ways for cars and when it's clear I move, running across the street... or the best I could in my condition. I step into the alley, expecting to find Doyle and pause when it's empty.

What the-

A cold chill runs down my spine, the hairs on my arms stand straight up and I turn, glancing up at a tall blonde man. Images flickered across my mind in a split second and I knew I was standing before Sikorsky, one of the escaped inmates. He looks at me slowly, clearly noticing my lack of fear and bends down. I guess my lack of screaming or peeing amused him.

"Hello, little kitten."

Despite the obvious need or run or scream or do anything that should prolong my life I couldn't ignore my anger. First I was attacked by my closet, almost killed by my classmate, molested by Doyle in the dressing room, hospitalized by Dorian, fighting with my father, finding my dead brother was alive, having the cops breathing down my neck and now this?! I felt my anger boiling over.

"Seriously?!" I snap "What am I?! A death row inmate magnet?!"

I'll admit, even with my anger his surprised face was amusing. Sikorsky was taken back slightly but recovers faster then I'd hoped

"I see the little kitten has claws."

He leans forwards, grabbing one of my arms. Just like Doyle had in the change room he slides up my sleeve, his calloused fingers running along my flesh. While I wanted nothing more than to punch him in the face I was still injured from my fight with Dorian.