chapter 22 - Hey Joker, You've Been Activated.

(Sophia's pov)
October 25th

We were in the Library, my eyes taking in the vast amounts of weapons and the male in charge of it. We had gone over my weapons of choice, ones I knew best and others I didn't. I had complete control over what I wanted and afterwards everything would be taken care of. The bodies would be cleaned up, the weapons repurposed and the media would spin some elaborate tale about what happened.

I was impressed to say the least, this really was like a John Wick movie.

..
..

I was still learning everything so it was surprising when the front door opened. I glanced up as a heavy folder was tossed on my desk.

"Hey Joker, you've been activated."

I pause, sending Doyle a look of confusion. It was too early. I had just been put in the system.

"Clearly there are other operatives better suited for this job yes?" I ask, causing the younger girl to look back at me "I'm still in training here. Mama said no missions."

"Well things change." she shrugged "Mama said to bring this too you personally."

..
..

October 27th

I pause, sitting outside the building in my car, snapping photo's of a group of men laughing in a club. This wasn't making any sense. I wasn't a Private Investigator, I was an assassin.

I glance to my left, looking over the photo's of my target.

Alexia Marcovia.

Age fifteen.

Brown shoulder length hair, green eyes.

Five foot four. One hundred and five pounds.

The daughter of some rich asshole that apparently ran away. She has been gone for over a week yet he's some how convinced that she's here in the city. My job is to find her and bring her home.

"This is such bullshit..."

..
..

I walked into the club, eyeing up the kids at the tables. I look over my photos, seeing a few familiar faces and make my way far left. I pause beside the table, clearing my throat lightly.

The laughter stops as seven heads turn to face me.

"What?" A snobby girl snaps, flicking her fake nails in my direction.

I flash Alexia's photo to the group "I'm looking for this girl, have any of you seen her?"

They pause, looking at each other.

"Umm.... let me think about that... no." The same girl states, causing the others to snicker.

"Yeah, why would we care where she is?" Another boy asks, wrapping his arm around her shoulder

"Because according to everyone else you're supposed to be her friends."

"Yeah? Says who?"

"Says every one of your Facebook pages." I snap more photo's of them and Alexia at what appeared to be night clubs, drinking and dancing.

"Oop! Looks like we got a stalker!" Another girl laughs.

"If she owes you money go talk to her daddy. Trust me, it's faster that way." a boy adds, throwing a handful of fries at one of the girls.

"Hey! Fuck off Ass-hat!" another female snaps, slapping him upside the head.

I sigh "Guys! I just need to know where she is." I shake the photo again.