chapter 21 - First You Learn

I'm so sorry for the long wait! I'm such a bad author but I lost my muse for this story and then I didn't like any of the ideas that came to mind. I'm hoping I can stay on this again for a while so please bare with me a little longer. Enjoy.

October 16
Sophia's pov

"If you are going to be part of this family you need to know the system."

A few minutes ago two younger girls appear out of no where, leading me to another room before setting a few thick folders on the table "Like any organization we have a hierarchy. To keep it simple we chose a deck of cards. The key figures run from jester in the lowest rank to King."

I flip open the first page.

"You may call us Bishops. I'm Bishop A," the first one places a hand on her chest "and my sister, Bishop B," I eyed up the second one, a edge of darkness lingered on her skin "but to keep an air of discretion most use the first letters of our titles."

Doyle's earlier fight flashes across my mind "Q, K, got it."

I nod once as we sit

"In here we don't use our real names. Our old lives, our old vendetta's are gone. We just exist as a single unit, a single mind in the system. When you are here you will operate as that." I look over the papers "Normally we wouldn't accept outsiders. Everyone here has been here since they were little, we break you down, and remold you in our image. Your our weapon to use as we want." My eyes flicker across the hall to Doyle, finally realizing where that speech had come from "Outside, your life is your own. Do not bring outside drama into the system."

"We operate mostly from Russia but we do have ties to the other major countries. The organization or kingdom is made of seven different parts. Each building has its own hierarchy. The most common one is the great hall. It has any bounties in play or available. It's a good place to meet fellow members," Bishop B adds "but be careful, the slots are first come first served and blood has been spilled before." Her smile promised pain.

"The castle is off limits. The higher ups use it primarily for meetings. The territories don't always get along so a no blood law was created. Meaning anyone in the castle can not die. You break this rule and you will be cast out and eliminated with the force of the entire kingdom."

"So kind of like the John Wick movies huh?"

Her eyes flicker to me, not a hint of amusement in them "Yes, but this is real. I put a bullet in your head you don't get back up." I nod once trying to ignore the judgmental looks
"This is the armory, where all of our weapons, drugs and other contraband are acquired. The library will be shown to you in time, that has all our cleaned weapons and it's where you'll go before and after missions to suit up or clean up."

"The mote is where all the bodies are taken, after a mission they come in and clean up the mess. Finally we have the kitchen. It has any and all information you will need, since you are a wet works asset you will be spending most of your time there learning, when Mama deems you ready we will put you on missions." Bishop B adds.

I scan over the folders, taking in the different locations before me. Most of them large buildings, even fancy hotels.

"The great hall, the castle, the armory, the library, the mote, and the kitchen. That's six." I pull up fingers.

"The seventh place is the vault, it handles all our money."

"But we don't talk about the vault." The first bishop hisses, glaring at her sister, clearly debating on ripping her a new one or overlooking my question entirely. But seeing how the cat was out of the bag she sighs "We don't talk about the vault because only an Ace has the location and knowledge of the vault. Should they be compromised the whole system changes."