Chapter 13 - Finally Getting What I Want.

(Sophia's POV)

I had arrived home twenty minutes ago, Takeda was in the kitchen reheating dinner. The man had come across town on his motorbike demanding me back. Before blood could be shed I gracefully bowed out. I step up on a chair, kissing Kaoru on the lips before he could bend to kiss me. I smile, stepping down off the chair and into Takeda's arms. My unofficial guard/roommate turns me, both of us quickly leaving the large house.

I sigh, rubbing a towel on my neck to remove most of the water. I wrap the ends of my hair next, draining the liquids before they run down my chest. While I was still a bit worried about tonight I was happy, I was Kaoru's girlfriend.

Takeda taps his hand on the door and I turn, sparing him a glance "Dinner's ready."

His face doesn't change, an odd thing as I was in nothing but my underwear. The towel and my hair covered my breasts but my hair only covers half of my breast "Okay."

Takeda turns, walking downstairs without another word. A sure sign he was pissed. While I hadn't planned on meeting Sikorsky and being escorted to Kaoru's house I did feel a little bad that I never called Takeda. He was here to watch over me and every time something happened, even if it was my fault, he was the one that got shit from my dad.

I slip on a pair of red shorts and a tank top. Quietly making my way downstairs. Takeda was at the table, pouring green tea into two cups. I squeeze out my hair again, sitting in my chair with the towel over my neck. We quietly say thanks and I watch Takeda pick up a small bowl of rice.

"I'm sorry." Takeda doesn't stop eating, not even sparing me a second glance "Because of my stupid decisions you were told to watch me and I've done nothing but cause problems for you." At this, he does spare me a glance but only a glance "Takeda, about Kaoru... Let me tell my dad okay? I don't want him getting angry at you."

"He already knows." My fork hits the table "Well he knows that you were gone today with Kaoru and you have news to tell him. He's expecting your call."

"Shit..." I whisper, my mouth was suddenly dry and I grab a careful sip of tea.

"Sophia, I don't understand what you're thinking." I set down the cup slowly. I had been expecting this conversation on the way home and quietly wait for him to say what he has to say "I understand that things happen, the meeting with Sikorsky was terrifying and I'm glad Hanayama was there to help you but why are you doing this?"

"Yakuza , also known as gokudō , are members of transnational organized crime syndicates originating in Japan. As if that wasn't bad enough he is the Leader of the largest Yakuza group in Japan. They engage in extortion, blackmail, smuggling, prostitution, drug trafficking, gambling, loan sharking, day-labour contracting, and other rackets and control many restaurants, bars, trucking companies, talent agencies, taxi fleets, factories, and other businesses in major Japanese cities. They are also involved in criminal activities worldwide."

I hide my smile with a sip of tea. Clearly, Takeda had done his homework.

"He's been to jail for murder Sophia. Both his parents are dead, his father died in a turf war. I can give you multiple reports of gun violence and assault charges on half of his men alone." I take another sip of tea "The five escaped convicts, do you know why they came here? They have an agreement to fight! Retsu, Baki, Hanayama, Doppo and Shibukawa. It's some stupid battle between good and evil. They brought this fight to the streets of Japan."

"Even if you took out the convicts there are all the problems at home. Hanayama has a lot of people gunning for his head, which means you will be there next target and I will admit you are skilled Sophia but you're not bulletproof! Everywhere you go you will be in danger, everyone your with will be in danger. Your father, your brother! He's in the hospital in a coma! He's utterly defenseless! And what about Kozue or her mother?! I mean she already lost her father, are you prepared to face the consequences if something happens to them?!"