Chapter 16 - Dark Sophia

Two chapters in one day gasp! I just love what I wrote! Thanks for all the love, Enjoy!

(Sophia's pov) May 1st

I cry out, stepping back from the force of the hit and feel myself flipped onto the ground. I gasp, my chest aching as Doyle stands above me "You're not focusing Sophia."

I clench my fists, pushing myself back up and spit blood onto the floor "I am focusing."

He strikes again, hitting me in the shoulder, the arm and the stomach before kicking out my feet. I hit the ground again, rolling into my side "No, your not." He twists his hand, the blades flipping out "should I up the stakes then?"

"Doyle." I sigh, pushing myself up, only to go back down again as his heel lifts, hitting my shoulder in a deadly kick. I cry out, feeling it dislocate and roll over, holding my arm.

'Get up Sophia, fight through the pain." Tears blurred my vision, forcing me to curl into a ball and for this another kick is sent to my back, forcing me across the floor "Get up! Or I'll keep knocking you down!" I force myself up, my  one working arm shaking. I stagger to the side but stay on my feet. Doyle stood before me, relatively untouched "If you give up every time you feel pain you're never going to be strong enough to beat Yanagi."

I pause, his eyes flashing across my mind and feel a cold grip freeze my body, Doyle rolls his eyes sending a hard punch to my face and I crumble, hitting the floor once more. Blood pours onto the floor. He sighs, leaning down before me and presses on my injured shoulder. I scream, his grip never loosening "You have to get over your fear Sophia." He stands, moving across the room to grab a drink of water "If you can't, the only choice I have left is making the reality more painful than the memories..."

"Miss?" I pause outside the shop, the bag of food felt heavy on my arm.

"Someone's getting careless..."

I shake away her words, my body aching more. God it was hard to concentrate.

"Then let me in."

No. My eyes flicker to the window, taking in the reflection of the police car behind me.

"Sorry I don't mean to disturb you but you seem familiar." I stood there silently "You're her aren't you? The missing girl, Sophia Jones."

I slowly turn, taking in the male before me. He was twenty six, twenty seven and completely open. His eyes widen, taking in my bruised face, his hands gently lift "I can help you."

I set down the bag of food, Doyle's face flashing across my eyes. "We can't let him live. He knows too much."

I didn't want to hurt him but... He knew too much.

"If you leave him he will report us. If you stay he will bring us home to our father, to Takeda." she spins around me slowly "But you'd probably like that wouldn't you. To give up, toss in the towel."

I'm not giving up.

"Really? Are you trying to say you don't have a choice?" she smiles "Is that it? Helpless, little baby Sophia doesn't have a choice?"

He's a cop.

"He would also make all of this training pointless. All of this suffering pointless." her arms cross "I thought this was for a reason, a purpose. What the hell was the point if you walk away now?"

I glance from it to the camera on his chest, his hand lifting to the radio on his shoulder.

But I can't...