chapter 24- we out number you.

Dec 15th
Sophia's POV

I sat at the table, bringing the glass of wine up to my lips. My eyes flicker to the second frame that sits beside me.

"Rough night?"

I hardly spare Doyle a glance, taking another sip. He signals the bar tender, moments after a whiskey is in his hands "It's an aquired taste, but once you do you're hooked."

I glance at the glass, spinning the red wine slowly.

"No? Nothing?"

My eyes flicker to him, my annoyance clear "I will shoot you in the ass."

He smirks softly "Like you could hit my ass." The two of us fall into a silence. The chatter of the bar floating around us "Did you manage to get everyone at least?"

I see the male behind Mama and fire, my gun tilting at the kickback and watch it hit my target.

"Is everyone alright?"

"Yes... Thank you." Bishop A sighs.

I note the blood splattered across her face. When no signs of physical damage are on either of them I nod again, winking at her softly and look at Mama.

"All the trespassers have been gathered in the great hall."

She nods once "Good. I will deal with them shortly."

Bishop A's hand lingers on my skin for three seconds before their walking.

I had spent the last four days hunting down every member of a rouge division of the armory. A task set by Mama herself and I was five seconds away from pulling my hair out.

"They keep appearing like fucking cockroaches..." I grip the cup tighter.

"You shine a light on the bugs and they all scatter." Doyle nods, taking a sip "So... is this everything you hoped for?"

I could hear the bitter sweet humor in his voice. The two of us sitting here, people laughing, completely unaware of the danger around them.

"You bitch!" Q snarls, spitting in my direction. I move, kicking him across the face, bloody saliva splattered across the floor.

"I appreciate the attempt but we all knew this was foolish." Mama states "We out number you."

"You don't belong in power." he snarls, spitting on the ground

"Really?" she smiles "The profits have tripled in the last three years, the organization is thriving and we are at an all time high. The only one with the problem seems to be you." she kneels before him "But greed was always your downfall wasn't it Q."

"You wont get away with this..."

"You're informants have been found and dealt with, your supporters are dead and your rank has already been replaced, what exactly am I not getting away with?"

Mama's eyes turn to me, a subtle nod. I grab my blade and with a quick move slice his throat, his loud chocking echoed through the room before he falls.

Mama turns to address the group "Let this be a lesson to everyone here. Ambitions are good, but arrogance will be your death. Only together will we thrive!"

"I just feel like every step I take I find myself pushed five back..." my eyes flicker to him "I mean what the fuck am I doing here? Yanagi is half way around the world doing god knows what and my mother is lying in her grave and I'm sitting here drinking red wine."

"You're getting stronger."

"Oh fuck you!" I sigh, fighting the urge to throw my drink at him. Instead of anger Doyle only smiles further "What?"