Chapter 3 - The Worlds Most Terrifying Father?!

Okay im sorry! So so so sorry for the slow update! I hate this chapter but i need it in here! So i was debating on removing it and adding it in later. Full disclosure I'm not very happy with this chapter but I want to keep going to I'm posting this now and will be back to my weekly updates. Again, sorry for the long wait.
Enjoy.

Sophia's pov

I sighed, leaning my head on the bed before me "I dont know what to do Jayson. I know the cops have told us to let them handle it but i cant." I sit up, grabbing his warm hand "im not the kind of person to sit back doing nothing."

I glance down his frame, the softer skin from daily treatments and the tubes slowly removed as time goes on. My brother was slowly starting to look more like my brother but he had yet to wake up.

"Were you like that? Wherever you were?" My fingers brush over his arm "were you scared jayson?" I glance up at his face "will you be the same brother i lost?" This time i snort "we'll probably not... i mean im hardly the same," i feel myself tear up "I wish you'd wake up Jay... its just you and me and I really want my older brother back."

I sit back "dads in therapy, he shot my boyfriend, in the shoulder relax, but he's been spiralling since you were found. Grandma passed away four years ago, the house is still standing and despite your brilliant theory I haven't burned down the kitchen yet."

I snort loudly "you'd probably butt heads with Takeda a lot, but you'll have to be nice. He's been a great substitute brother for me. He's protective and skilled and he's not afraid to speak his mind. But he's also wise like you. He sees into peoples hearts and heals their pain."

A knock at the door causes me to turn. I take in the seventeen year old "uh, are you... miss Jones?" He glances at the paper.

"Yes?"

He hands me the bag and I instantly smell the Chinese food from our local market "thank you but i didnt order this."

"Its paid for," he shrugs "enjoy."

I glance at the paper and snort seeing takeda's name. He was at the dojo late tonight. I grab my phone.

Thanks for the food!

No problem, i snort as the second txt comes in I figured you'd forget without me being there to take care of you.

I roll my eyes and pause, my eyes flickering over the last part. 'Without me being there to take care of you.' And almost drop my phone on the floor.

Oh my god! Thats it!!!

-

I glance up at the building and push open the front door, following the spinning circle and end up on the lobby. I walk over to the front desk and after a brief chat with the receptionist, well more I explained that there was a kidnapping in this building and unless she gave me the room key and called the cops I'd personally hold her responsible for assisting a known criminal she handed over a room key.

I flipped the room key down the scanner and wince when it beeps softly. I move my hand, carefully pushing open the door and wince again as it creaks. I look down, thanking the soft carpet and hear two males talking. I move it more, keeping just enough space to fit and force myself through. I see Kozue's eyes widen, her body shifting slightly before my hand lifts to my lips. She gets the message and I crawl across the floor. The two men had yet to notice me. I pull the gag off her mouth and see her tear up.

"Sophia, what are you doing here?"

"I here to save you numb nuts," I tease softly "See, I told you you couldn't keep your nose out of trouble..."