Ch. 24 ' Bella's Revenge (I).

Bella's fake honey eyes dilate to the biggest size I've seen them, then she bursts out laughing. "Nice one, Yesmi. You passed the vibe check. Even though there was none, to begin with . . . you speak French?"

Slowly shaking my head, I say, "Only took a few French lessons when I was in junior school. It was compulsory."

She giggles. "I see."

I turn my head to the side, where Angel is standing. "I don't see Jason."

I need to confirm I've walked into a trap, and at the same time throw the liar stone at Angel. She looks away, to the high ceilings, unable to render any reply. Exactly as I expected. This was obvious from the start, come to think of it. I detected her behaviour, just didn't know what to make of it. I'm stupid like that. I should've asked for more explanation, shouldn't have just followed her here like an idiot.

You're an idiot, actually.
Shut up.

"How old are you, Yesmi?" Bella asks, removing my attention from the girls that are starting to form a circle around us.

I'm in trouble. I don't know what kind, exactly, but I do know I'm in trouble. Beneath Bella's pleased eyes is a murderous, evil glint, like a lion gazing upon its meal. I'm not leaving here unscathed, I know that much. So being quite optimistic, I hope she's asking me to decide the level of 'torture' to submit me to.

"B- barely fifteen."

I've been fifteen for about eight months now, but she doesn't need to know that.

She condescendingly shakes her head. "No wonder. I've always wondered why you're so dumb."

I grit my teeth. So saying that turned out to be a bad idea. "I'm not dumb."

She laughs. "Yeah, you are."

I put that behind me. Who is she to decide that, anyway? "You've been grinning ever since I came in."

She separates her crossed arms and put them on her waist. "I'm in a good mood."

"Why?"

I know why, of course. By doing this, asking stupid questions and all, I hope someone meets us, someone who can help my pathetic self. The only reason I'm not screaming for help is because I know it won't do me any good. I would just be wasting the little strength I have left.

"To think that you just denied being dumb."

"I'm just being very hopeful, Bella."

To be sincere, my calmness impresses me. I'm not even jittery, though this might be because I don't know what she intends to do to me.

"Your hopes won't get you anywhere farther than your feet. You know that, don't you?"

"I don't."

She grimaces. "Sad for you."

"Don't be."

"I won't be for long, don't worry."

"What did you make one of your puppies bring me here for?"

A few metres from me, Angel flinches. Bella glances at her, then smiles when she looks back at me. "This isn't the right time to be rude or insulting, Yesmi."

"I'm not insulting anybody. Just calling a spade a spade. You're a dog, and they," I wave my hand across the girls, "they're your puppies." I nudge at Angel. "She's a royal one. Low life puppy."

I expect Angel to glare at me like Bella does, but she doesn't. She doesn't even spare me a glance. Good to know she knows she deserves whatever I say to her.

"By the time we're done here, we'll know who's the animal, and who's not."

"Done?" I chuckle. "You really have the balls, Bella. Try rubbish with me and we'll see how that ends."

My mind is screaming at me to shut up, and even though a part of me feels I should, I can't. Because I know It doesn't matter what I say or do, Bella's going to forge ahead with whatever's on her mind, and this is probably my last resort. To scare her out of it.

"Oh! How exactly will it end? You . . . " She laughs. "You think Jason will be mad?"

I wasn't thinking of Jason. I hadn't been thinking of anything, just trying to scare her. But sincerely though, shouldn't she be scared of that?

"Never mind, Yesmi. I'm not worried about that. Jason already knows this is happening."

My face creases. What in the world is she saying?

"Yeah," she confirms. "He said I could deal with you."

The way she said 'deal' scares me, momentarily. After that, I explode with rage. "You filthy liar. What makes you think I'd believe that trash you just spewed from your smelly mouth."

She has no right to portray Jason as a bad person. She's the awful one here. Her! And her girls . . . puppies, I mean. Does she think she can taint the way I see Jason with a few words?

"Your problem, Yesmi, is that you get angry real quick. The control you have over your emotions is less than zero, so when you react, you don't think. At all. You don't evaluate the possibilities and probable consequences of your actions before taking them, that's why you're here in the first place."

Of all she has said, I think what hurts the most, is that she's right. Then again, who is she to judge me? If Bella has control over her emotions and actions, if she isn't such a petty person, would I be standing here?

"Listen to me carefully, okay? Before jumping into conclusion. I won't ask you to believe me because I don't care if you do or not."

I feel like yelling, 'I don't want to hear it', then stomping out of this place. But I can't, and that again, hurts.

"He said I could because you deserve it for being rude to me, his girlfriend."

'Can you hear yourself,' I want to ask her, but I think someone who can hear themself can't be saying so many stupid things at once.

" . . . and you think what happened at the party was all Leo's own doing? Are you sensible at all? I mean, he didn't even know you at the time, so shouldn't you consider that?"

Drained of all mental energy, I close my eyes.

"You won't, you're too dumb to. For your information, Leo did that on my order, and he would never have done that if Jason hadn't allowed him."

If Jason hadn't allowed him? The same Jason that made him apologise? This girl's head is messed up. Really messed up.

"You should know even Jason is annoyed with you. He told me everything that happened when you guys first met, and he's still pretty mad about it, so you wouldn't blame him for wanting a little bit of revenge."

At this point, I almost chuckle. "Jason cares about me, even more than I'll ever admit. It's not that I won't allow your words to affect our relationship, they just can't. Stop trying. He's not a bad person, that's one thing that's obvious about him. It's just that, like every person, he makes mistakes, one of which is dating a girl like you. And about what happened when we first met, I'm sure he's already forgotten all about it, so I suggest you choose a sensible way of telling your disgusting lies. Wear your evil acts like a crown, no need to bring my brother into this."

"You think I would do anything to you without Jason's consent? You fascinate me. If I made Leo do that without Jason's consent, wouldn't he be mad at me? That is if he does care about you. Without his consent, I wouldn't be doing this because I would be scared he would get angry. Do you get that? Or is it too complex for your foolish mind?"

"Unfortunately, it's too complex. What are you going to do about that?" I say matter-of-factly. "You think you're smart, don't you? When in fact you're just accomplished debris. I'm not stupid, and I can bet Jason doesn't know about what you're doing." I take special care in dishing out my words calmly, so I don't prove what she said about me.

Bella sighs. "I guess I'll have to leave you to find out the situation of things yourself."

"I never asked for your help, tart."

A corner of her lips curves up. "You see, I'm not getting worked up about your words because I have it all planned out, your punishment. So your insults don't bother me, if anything, it makes us more even."

I nod. "Yeah. You sure have it all planned out. You successfully used one of your puppies to lure me here, and have over thirty idiots lined up because of me. That shows how much of a threat you think I am and your cowardice is glaring."

"Another glaring thing is your helplessness. Another is your stupidity. Another is your ignorance." She laughs. "A lot of things about you are glaring, even your eyes." She laughs and claps her hands. "Now, time to get to work."

• • • • • • • • • • •

Random Question: Are you interested in Bella's backstory? Like why she's like this? Or you believe her character/behaviour is entirely because of the way she and Yesmi's relationship took off?

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Omo🥺🥺💔... Yesmi has fallen inside hole😪

And she's still having mouth😭

😫❤Thanks for reading.