Ch. 41 ' Bad Plans, Deadly Ice Cream Cups.

NB: This is the second update I'm dropping today.

—————

I knew Felicie wouldn't be in a position to receive a phone call. She was most likely frying if her mom caught her, which I was 80 percent certain of. So instead of calling her back yesterday, I concentrated on today. On now. Having taken Felicie's advice, ice creams of different flavours are waiting in a freezer. I ordered them last night because I didn't want to risk waiting till this morning. If I overslept, that would've ruined my appeasement plans.

I can't risk this getting ruined. Not by anything. Or anyone.

Not even Dad. That's why I've ignored his calls so far. He's called me fifteen times this morning. There's something about his phone calls, they always ruin my mood. Always. I can't afford my mood getting ruined this morning.

I need to keep this jolliness. This lightheartedness. This way, I'm more in a position to charm Jason into believing and forgiving me. I can't be angry myself while trying to appease someone. I have to be happy, bubbly and . . . and confident.

And I am.

Just waiting for Jason to come out of his room so I can put the plan into effect.

The plan?

Immediately he comes out of his room, I run to the dining room and arrange the ice creams on the table, then sit with a permanent smile on my face—like a doll. When he comes in, I'll greet him. He'll most likely snub me, so I'll ask him how he's taking the morning and comment on how 'it's so hot'. A tip I got from one, 'how to hold a smooth conversation' article. He will probably snub me again because, to be honest, that line's dumb. Then I'll squeal, 'Guess what I got you!' like Sam did, and spread my arms over the ice creams. Then he'll smile. And I'll . . . wait, what if he doesn't smile?

What if he doesn't smile?!

I'll crack a joke! Yes, I'll do that. He has to smile. That'll give me the courage to go ahead.

After he smiles I'll start with the explanations I have to give. Why I couldn't have taken his test sheet, and suggest reporting to the principal so the cameras can be checked. Tada! We're good again, and who knows? He might even let me go to school with him.

Everything will go well.

My first move at being a good sister. Long overdue.

I sigh as I shift on the staircase so I can rest on the wall. Con is that I'll be seeing more of the parlour than Jason's room entrance. But instead of the parlour, what alarmingly comes into view is the back of Jason who's climbing down the staircase.

I scream and run down the staircase, bumping into him in the process. Waving as I shout a 'sorry', I continue to the dining room in an unrelenting sprint.

Once I enter the dining room, my sprint continues to the large standing freezer. I unpack the six large-sized cups from the freezer to Jason's favourite space on the dining table. I've finished arranging them before it dawns on me that Jason's taking too much time. If he was coming here, he'd be here already.

The kitchen!

Oops. He went to the kitchen.

I hit myself on the head and start lifting the cups into my arms. Should've made provisions for if he chose to eat in the kitchen instead. It is as much of a dining place as the dining room.

When I get to the door, I realise the dilemma I've placed myself in by occupying my arms and hands with ice cream cups; I'm holding them up by pressing them to my chest. I start to raise my leg to pull the bolt when the door opens from outside.