Ch. 33 ' How to Console an Enemy.

I might've failed all the questions the chemistry teacher threw at me, but that's normal, anyway. It's not my fault he consistently saw me as question worthy.

And I might've been sang a 'you're a slut' song by some girls -who I have never met my entire life- in the restroom, but that's fine too since sadly, I'm beyond far from that. Besides, it was a pathetic attempt at bullying. I took one step towards them and they ran away in fright.

But my day was going well. It was at least manageable.

Until Jason asked me to pay Bella a consolation visit.

A consolation visit . . .

My lips curve up in a small smile as I stare at the blue door. I, much more than anyone else, know Bella doesn't deserve a sorry. Especially not from me. But . . . -I turn my head to gaze at Jason who looks back with a stoic expression- this boy, this annoying boy.

He says it's a way of thanking her for not reporting after I beat her up in the boys' locker room. As if she deserves an appreciation. I'm just upset my blows weren't enough to land her in the sickbay.

"For how long are you going to make us stand here?"

"I'm not opening it, you do that."

"Whatever," Jason mumbles, opening the door.

I don't want to. I don't want to enter, not to talk of apologising to Bella, but when Jason looks back with that murderous glare of his, I drag myself in. Stelly is at her table when we walk in, going through some papers scattered on her table.

"Hey," she says in response to Jason's greeting, barely taking her eyes off her table. She however fully looks up on sighting me. "Yesmi, here to see Bella too?"

I press my lips together and force a smile, not trusting my ability to say yes without choking.

"That's nice of you."

I laugh silently and murmur, "Not at all, I was forced."

She looks up. "I didn't catch that."

"Nothing," I sputter, grinning awkwardly.

She tilts her head, her brows drawn together. "Nothing what?"

I shake my head in response, a stressed look on my face. Beside me, Jason shakes his head.

Ignoring the weird stare Stelly is giving me, I put my hand on his back and push him forward. "Let's go."

Jason shoves my hand off and walks into the resting room.

"Is everything okay?" Stelly mouths.

I smile at her and nod. Just before entering the resting room, I take a big breath. This is going to be hard. I can feel the chaos approach.

Bella is seated on the first bed to the left, her eyes on the book on her lap. Her face isn't red like I had imagined it would be, but it's sore. And there are small bandages on it here and there. Eeyah*.

"Belly," Jason calls.

I grit my teeth, stifling laughter. Belly?

Bella looks up with a smile, a smile that disappears when she sees me. "What is she doing here?"

"Ah, Yesmi?" Jason asks, walking to the bed. He sits on it. "She came to see how you're doing."

Because you forced me.

"Oh," Bella says, removing her eyes from Jason and resting them on me. "Why are you just standing there then?"

"Because I'm not good at pretending to be sympathetic. So I'm trying to feel sorry for you. As you can guess, it's not going well."