42

Hazel's POV

I stared at this so called "burglar" not scared at all. It was Kevin.

The Kevin that helped me and Ross from Ian and the one that we got a one way ticket to anywhere to.

I don't get why he came back and why he's doing this again. He seemed better than that.

"Why?"

"I said shut up." He clenched his jaw, gripping onto the handle of the gun harder.

"I have to do this. If I don't kill you, he'll kill me."

"Go to the police." I whispered and lucky he let me talk.

"Hazel." Ross whispered in the tone that told me he wanted me to stop.

"I can't. I have a record, they'll never believe me." Kevin almost began to tear up but held then back.

"Try...at least try."

"No! Okay! Shut up! This will be a lot easier if you were quiet and just let me kill you all."

I looked around the room. All the boys had scared faces, and Rydel had tears coming from her eyes.

As for Ross, he was just staring straight ahead blankly. No emotion in his face once so ever.

"Kevin, don't do th-" Ross started but everyone knows I make stupid decisions.

And the stupidest one was about to happen.

"Take me, and leave them alone." I said over Ross catching everyone's attention.

"No!" Everyone said at the same exact time.

"Kevin, I'm serious. If you leave them alone, I am all yours."

There was silence in the room. I think Kevin was actually considering my offer.

"Fine. Nobody move! Hazel come here."

"No!" Everyone said again.

"Guys, it'll be okay. I love you."

"Hazel..." Ross said from behind me.

"I love you."

I walked up to Kevin slowly. When he least expected it, I found a way to kick him into giving me the gun. I grabbed it and pointed it at him.

"Get on the floor!" I screamed at him. I started shaking since I've never really had a gun in my hands before.

Having so much power right now, scared me.

I looked at the others who had shocked looks on their faces. I closed my eyes, not really able to look at them. I stayed their with the gun pointed at Kevin as he kneeled down on the floor.

It felt like we were standing their for days. I was in a complete daze. I had no idea what to do.

Suddenly, the front door know started jiggling and people burst through the room.

I got scared. I had no idea what I was doing until the room when into complete chaos.

I fell to my knees and Ross came over to me. He hugged me tighter than necessary but it was fine.

I can't believe this happened. I can't believe I did this.

I shot Kevin.

-----
[Author's Note] I haven't upadtaed in a while and I'm sorry for that. I think the next chapter will be the last.

stay smiling 🌞