29

Hazel's POV

Ross and I literally ran all the way up to the room that started all of this mess. Ross luckily had the room key for some reason with him so we knew that we would definitely be able to get in.

"Give me the key." I said as I stopped running and began to walk towards the door. Ross did as told and gave me the key. Once I reached for it, Ross' eyes lit up at the sight of something.

"You have my ring!" Ross said smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh, yeah. Here." I was in attempt to take it off but Ross interrupted me.

"You can wear it if you wan want, but I'm gonna need it back eventually."

"Gee, thanks." I smiled and slid the key to open the door. I turned the knob but stopped halfway.

"Hey, it's okay. Nothing will happen to you. I'm here." Ross said rubbing my back. I nodded and we both entered the room to unfortunately see it clean.

"Damn it."

"I guess we can try and look." Ross said and we both started looking for anything in the room. Anything that could slice this "problem" between us because nothing was adding up. After about 15 minutes I realized that we were basically wasting our time and that we wouldn't be finding any "clues".

"Ross, come on. There's nothing in here." I said looking at him.

"Are you sure you do-" Ross got interrupted by some people talking outside the door and the knob beginning to turn.

"Someone's coming!" I whispered screamed causing Ross to grab my arm and pulled us both into the closet. Ross covered my mouth because of how heavy I'm breathing. I felt like we were in some horror movie and we are about to get killed or something.

A couple of seconds later, we could hear people walking through the room, so we pressed our ears against the door.

--

"Adrian! There's nothing in here."

"Kevin! Just look around it has to be in here."

"What does it look like again?"

"I've told you this like 5 times already. It has a floral case and my lock screen background is a picture....of them."

"That's creepy dude. Why is your lock screen of them and why is your case floral?"

"Because it just is. Leave me alone and help me find my phone."

"Bro, the maids already cleaned the room. Why don't you go ask the lobby people or something?"

"Good idea dude. Come on let's get out of here." He said running towards the door.

"Adrian. I don't want to do this anymore. I can't help you." Kevin said causing Adrian to slowly turn around with the meanest look on his face.

"What?" Adrian said through his teeth.

"I can't do this anymore. You're trying to ruin these kids' lives because of what? You haven't even told me yet. And why are we even in here? What would you're phone be doing in a hotel room?"

"You're not being paid to know what I am trying to do. Now listen to me and listen well. You are going to continue to do what I say unless I say otherwise. Got it." Adrian was now in Kevin's face, violating his personal space"

Kevin gulped and nodded several times. Adrian gave him an evil smirk of satisfaction and they both walked out the room, closing the door behind them.

--

"I think they're gone." I whispered. Ross and I cautiously made our way out the closet and back into the room.

"What was that all about?" Ross asked.

"I don't know, but do you know an Adrian and/or a Kevin?" I asked him.

"No. Do you?" Ross asked in response.

I shook my head no and looked around the room one last time until something caught my eye.

"What's that by your foot?" I asked Ross. He looked down and saw for what I think was a wallet.

"I don't know." Ross said while picking it up. He opened it and sighed.

"Oh my god..."

*****

A/N

TYSM FOR 1k Reads!!!!! I know that isn't much in the Wattpad world but in mine it is. ILYSFM💕💕