39

Ross' POV

I started breathing heavy, realizing that she really did leave. Everything she owned was gone. Absolutely everything that reminded me of her was gone.

I looked under her pillow for that special note just for me. I was really nervous to read it since I was prepared for her to cuss me out in it.

So, this is how we ended up Ross.

This isn't a movie, so don't try to find me at the airport and serenade me with One Last Dance and try to save the day because it's not gonna work.

I've been so unhappy lately and this was the only way I knew how to deal with it.

I thought we were more than just a "relationship." Admit it, things were a lot easier before we started dating.

I just don't get it. You know I love you and I know you love me, but how many times do we have to break each other's hearts before we actually realize that.

I know these past couple of days, you've been trying to get back together with me since we "made love." And I appreciate that, but do you know how it felt to walk in on that?

I know you don't want to hear this but I felt so used. I'm so disappointed in myself, thinking you actually wanted to be with me.

But I'm only human. I'm not perfect and I made mistakes and so did you.

I forgive you for all the shit you put me through and I'm hoping you can forgive me for all the shit I put you through.

I think that we should just stick to being friends, because I know that way, we will both be happy. I love you.

Hazel

She was right. Everything in that note made perfect sense, so I couldn't blame her for leaving.

I got up from the floor and went back into my bunk, broken. I wasn't crying but I was so disappointed in myself for letting that happen.

How could I be so stupid?

++

"Ross, wake up." Riker mumbled, tapping me on my back.

"What?" I groaned not wanting to get up for anything or anyone. I wanted to stay in the same position for ever. It's not like it matter. I wasn't important in this world.

"Where's Hazel?"

"She left."

"What do you mean she left?" He asked once more and I turned around to look him dead in the eye.

"She left. She packed up her bags and went back to California. It's my fault and I don't want to talk about it." I turned back towards the wall after handing him the note she left, not wanting to speak to anyone.

"Wait, what? What did you do this time?" I rolled my eyes.

"Go ask Rydel. Like I said before I don't want to talk, leave me alone." I closed my curtain in his face and went back to what I was doing. Nothing.

Riker's POV

I am so lost right now. What happen between them two, this time. Honestly, they're constant bickering is getting old, but I don't want to see Ross this upset.

And Hazel, didn't even say goodbye. That's low. Not only to be but to everyone.

Mostly everyone on the bus was still sleeping or listening to music.

I quickly went to the other side of the bus and dialed her number. I have to get it the bottom of this.

"Hello?" I took a deep breath.

"How could you just leave without telling anyone?"

"It was better that way." She said through a sigh.

"What about the girls? They guys? Ross?"

"The girls knew exactly why I left and support me. I figured the guys would have found out by now, I guess not; just ask Rydel what happened. And as for Ross...well I have nothing to say."

"Are you coming back?"

"No...it's not like you guys will never see me again. You'll see me when we get back to Cali...what are you freaking out for?" She asked.

I didn't even know why I was freaking out. I guess I didn't want to have to deal with Ross' mopey attitude.

"Because you left us with a sad little shit named Ross. And none of us know why."

"I CAN HEAR YOU!" Ross yelled from his bunk.

"GOOD!" I yelled back him.

"Just tell him to suck it up. It's not my problem." I could practically hear her roll her eyes through the phone.

"It is too your problem. And why don't you tell him that yourself?" I mentioned walking up to his bunk and yanking his curtain open.

"For the love of all that is holy, can you leave me alone?"

"I don't want to talk to him." Hazel said through the phone and I was sure Ross could hear her.

"Ross, talk to her." I said putting the phone close to his ear.

"No, I don't want to talk to her."

"WHY? TOO BUSY SCREWING MORGAN?!" Hazel screamed through the phone. My face went pale. Damn, I can already tell they're not gonna make up after this one.

"Alright, fuck it. Give me the phone." Ross said.

I tried turning it off speaker but he stopped me.

"Don't bother. I have nothing to hide now. Keep it on speaker."

"Of course you have nothing to hide." Hazel mumbled thinking we didn't hear her.

"Hazel, say what you want to say to me right now. Don't mumble shit under your breath, thinking I can't hear you. Don't write some shit on a note and leave it on your bed, after you've already left. Tell me how you really feel because I'm over us fighting all the time. I didn't screw Morgan-"

"But you were going to if I didn't walk in. Am I wrong?" She said yelling back him. I was still standing there jaw dropped at this whole scene. They were mad on a whole other level.

"Hazel, I made one mistake! Stop acting like your perfect."

"I never said I was! You're acting like the innocent one, as if you did nothing wrong! Ross, you used me!"

"Don't you dare say I used you! I didn't! You know I would never do something like that! Hazel, I didn't forget about you or the things we did together. I just got caught up in the moment, okay!"

"Why? Why did you get caught up in the moment? That makes no sense. You see this girl for five minutes and you start acting like a whole different person."

"Why do I even bother? You won't believe my side of the story."

"Oh, won't you grow up for five minutes. It's not about sides or whatever. It's the fact that you decided to do that, days after we....we. Fuck it I'm done."

"Hazel....wait. Just wait a minute."

"No, Ross. Forget it. Fuck you!" Was the last thing she said before hanging up.

Ross threw the phone back at me and stuffed his face in his pillow. He screamed into it a couple of times, extremely frustrated.

"I'm sorry bro. I thought that would help."

"Nothing is going to help. I'm worthless."

------

[Author's Note] what just happened? That was one of the worst fights they've ever gone through and that was just over the phone. wow

anyways, can you guys go check out my new book called, "FaceTime" ? It would mean a lot. Thanks. Stay smiling ✌️