22

Hazel's POV

"Hazel...I'm in love with you."

Whoa. That's way different from saying, "I love you."

Ross said he's "In love with me." When I think about it, we did start saying that we love each other really early in our relationship, but that's only because I honestly do love him. I guess it's just weird hearing him say that he's in love with me.

I leaned up and kissed him on the lips. Ross smiled into the kiss as my hand traveled up to the crook of his neck.

We pulled apart and Ross kissed my forehead.

"That was just as friends right?" Ross said smiling.

"Mural, just as friends." I replied. Ross leaned up and smiled, walking out the room. He came back minutes later with the same smile planted on his face.

"The doctor said you can leave whenever you feel like it. And that you should probably eat something too." Ross said while closing the door behind him.

"I wanna leave now, but it's late. There's nothing open." I said through a slight frown.

"You wanna go to the hospital cafeteria?"

"No, all their food is gross."

"You're gonna have to eat something."

"Ugh, fine." I cautiously got out of the hospital bed and changed. I honestly forgot that Ross was in the room while I let my hospital gown fall to the ground. I realized what I did as I saw Ross looking at me with wide eyes.

"So-Sorry." I quickly mumbled grabbing the sheets off the bed and covering myself.

"Hazelnut, it's fine." Ross said grabbing my clothes and handing it to me. I took them and we both stood there awkwardly until Ross got the hint and turned around.

"Thanks." I said while putting my clothes on as quickly as possible.

"Done."

"You good? Are you sure you want to leave now? Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Ross asked.

"Yes, Ross. If I have you, ill be fine."

"Hazel, are you sure?"

"Yes. Stop worrying." I sighed while I kissed him on the cheek and began walking towards the door.

"Okay." Ross mumbled. I could tell he was upset and scared that we were leaving the hospital so soon but I honestly felt so much better after making up with him.

"Hey, don't be sad or nervous. We worked this out. We may not be together but we are best friends. You'll always have me and I'll always have you. Okay?" I grabbed Ross' hand and looked into his eyes.

"Okay." He said with absolutely no emotion.

"C'mon! Let's go get some food." Ross and I walked out of the room, him immediately going to the others. I walked to the front desk and filled out the necessary paperwork to leave. After that was done, I turned to the others.

"Hey, guys. The doctor said I should eat something. Do you mind if I head to the cafeteria real quick?"

"Of course not honey. Take your time."

Stormie said smiling.

"Thanks, Stormie, but I'll be quick. Do you guys wanna come? If not, do you want like drinks or something?" I asked.

They all shook their heads "no". That was just because they all had tired looks on their faces. I felt bad that they might be late for their concert because of me.