9

Hazel's POV

"Hazelnut?" I heard after a knock on the door. I ignored it going back to original activity that I haven't done since I met Ross.

I stuck the blade deep into my skin then moving downwards. The only reason why I got so frustrated was because this kind of situation happened about me and my ex. The one that ruined my life.

A bunch of people kept asking me if he was good and those kind of things and I just felt that I was back at that point in school when I didn't have a voice.

People made the decision for me and that is what just happened in Rydel's room. The only thing different about this situation was that it was true. I did like Ross. But it made me sick thinking about a boy getting close to me again and that makes me feel hopeless.

He continued to knock and I cringed at the pain I was putting myself through.

"Ross, leave me alone."

"If you don't open the door, I'll find a way in." Is what he said. It was silent for a minute or two until I heard wiggling of the knob. I quickly through the blade away and put down my sleeve.

This is one part I didn't anyone to see. Especially Ross.

He held up a bobby pin and all I did was sigh. "I told you."

"Ross, I said I wanted to be alone."

"Too bad....What's the matter?"

"Nothing."

"Hazel...you locked yourself in the bathroom and I heard you crying."

"I had to pee and it's allergies."

"Bunny....please tell me what's wrong. You know you can trust me."

"I know."

"So, what's wrong?" He grabbed my hand and I was afraid he was going to notice my cut. I was right.

"Why is there blood on you hands?"

I didn't dare to say anything. He looked at me with terror in his eyes and he realized the trail of blood was coming from my arm.

He glanced at me then back at my arms. He lifted up my sleeve and gasped at all the new and old gashes.

"Hazel, what the hell?" He nearly screamed.

"There is something more than the girls pressuring you into admitting that you like me for you to do this. And you said you didn't. Am I really that bad that's making you cut yourself?" He said while his voice began to crack.

"N-No Ross, this isn't your fault. I promise. Wait, how did you know about the conversation between the girls and I?" I brought my hand to his cheek for him to look at me. He looked like he was going to cry.

"Hazel, that's not the point. Why would you do this?" He said clearly upset.

"It releases the pain."

"That's what they all say. Honestly, why?"

"Because, the girls not allowing me to speak basically reminded me about the thing between my ex and I. During that time, I felt like I didn't have a voice. And that's the same way I felt today."

"I'm sorry, Hazel. If they knew what happened to you, they probably wouldn't have done that. They just thought you were being stubborn. They really don't know what you have been through."

"I don't want them to."

"I'm not saying you have to tell them. I guess you just have to come up with a good reason on why you acted like that.....Um is that the only reason why you acted that way? Or am I just that repulsive?"

Ross' POV

I already knew the answer. I just wanted to hear it from her.

"Ross no. I like you but as a friend. I bet you feel the same." She was lying straight to my face.

"Um, yeah I do." I tried to sound as convincing as possible, but I am not sure if she bought it.

She nodded in agreement and we sat in silence. Until she grabbed me, embracing each other. We were on the floor, sitting there, hugging in utter silence.

We heard knocking but we chose to ignore it. The knocking became louder and I just sighed.

"What?!?!" I screamed so whoever it was could hear me.

"It's me, Rydel. You guys okay in there? And Hazel I'm sorry. We were being rude about the situation."

"Yeah, we are okay and it's okay. Ross helped me." Hazel smiled at me and I smiled back. We hugged once more and I whispered in her ear.

"I don't want you doing this again. If you need to talk, I'm here. There is no need to put yurself in pain to feel better when I'm here." I said rubbing her back as she nuzzled into my neck.

"Thanks Ross. And I won't"

"Come on, lets get out of here." We stood up and Hazel washed her arm. I put a band-aid on her arm and cleaned up the bathroom. Before leaving I grabbed Hazel's arm making her face me.

"Hazelnut, I'm serious."

"What?"

"Please...don't do this again." I said pointing around the bathroom.

"Ross, I promise."

"Pinky promise?" She smirked at how childish I was being and stuck out her pinky. We connected them, kissing one side of our hands.

We finally left the bathroom to see everyone standing out the doorway.

They gave us weird looks and I was confused as to what they were staring at.

I looked down and noticed that Hazel and I were holding hands. I have no idea how it happened, but I for sure knew I didn't want to let go.

~A/N
ENJOY, VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW.