38

Ross' POV

I got off the stage and looked around for Hazel but I couldn't find her. I shrugged it off and headed off to none other, Morgan.

I'm so glad that we came in touch again.

I really missed her but I don't want her, Hazel or anyone to get confused.

I still love Hazel and nothing is going to change that.

I may be acting differently around Morgan, and I don't even know why.

The only thing I know, and I've said this millions of times, but I'll say it again.

I love- I'm in love with Hazel.

"Hey, Ross." Morgan embraced me into a hug, catching me by surprise.

"What's this for?" I said slightly hugging back.

"For the way you changed the lyrics for me, silly." Morgan said slightly punching me.

"Changing the lyrics? What are you talking about?" I said seriously confused. I don't remember changing any lyrics on stage.

A couple of people backstage stopped and took glances at us. I grabbed Morgan's arm and brought her into a private room.

"So, what is this 'changing the lyrics' are you talking about?"

"During Wishing I Was 23, you changed the lyrics to Wishing I Was 25...remember?" She said making my face go pale.

Did I really do that in front of the whole crowd? More importantly, in front of Hazel?

"I guess I just got distracted and said that in the moment."

"Maybe...but it was really sweet." Morgan said getting closer to me in the already tight room.

"What are you doing?" I said backing up a bit.

"I know you want this, as much as I do." She said in a seductive tone.

"I do- I mean I don't." I said shaking my head.

"You seem confused." She said against my lips.

"Morgan we can't. I have a girl-" I started but she connected our lips. I didn't feel any spark or anything but I just got lost and forgot about everything as I quickly pulled off her shirt and she pulled off mine.

Seconds later the door slammed open. I saw a heartbroken Hazel standing in front of me and I instantly felt like shit.

"Are you kidding me?" Hazel said with yet another tear falling from her eyes.

"Hazel, I can explain..." I said trying to act calm but she just slammed the door back shut.

"Leave..." I said after minutes in silence. Morgan and I were still in the room, not saying a word to each other.

"What?"

"Did I stutter? Leave." I threw her shirt at her and waited for her to say something else.

"I'm sorry." Is all she says before walking out the door with her head down.

I waited a couple of minutes before leaving the room as well. I frantically searched backstage for Hazel, wondering where she could be.

Even if I did find her, I wouldn't know what to say. I feel awful.

"Rydel, where's Hazel?"

"She doesn't want to talk to you right now." Rydel said with a evil glare.

"Rydel, where's Hazel?" I said in a more serious tone. I don't have time for these childish girl code games. I need to talk to her.

"Like I said before she doesn't want to talk to you."

"Rydel, I'm gonna ask you one more one time. Where's Hazel?" I said getting a little mad.

"Or what Ross? What are you gonna do? Not be my brother anymore? Ignore me? That will truly break my heart." Rydel said grabbing me by the collar of my shirt, seriously upset with me and my actions.

I couldn't blame her. I've been acting like an idiot.

She saw the mild fear in my eyes and let me go, making me stumble backwards.

"Just tell her I'm need to talk to her and that I'm really sorry." I said after regaining my balance. All she did was look at me crazy and walked away.

Whether Rydel tells her or not, I'm gonna see her sooner or later.

We live on the same tour bus.

She's going to have to speak to me eventually.

Next Day

I was the first one awake since I barely even slept. I thought about Hazel all night long and I didn't have the courage to go speak to her.

She was locked away in her bunk all night long. I'm not even sure if she ate.

I walked to her bunk and softly called for her name.

"Hazel?" I said through a whisper. She didn't respond to me which made me think she was either ignoring me or sleeping.

Either way, I kept on talking.

"Hey, I know you have every right to be pissed and heartbroken but please you need to hear my side.

No matter if you believe me or not, It doesn't make what I did okay and I'm sorry. I bet you're probably sick of having to hear apology after apology between us but you need to hear this.

Seriously, I am so sorry."

I said and I waited about 3 minutes for a response and she still wasn't talking back.

I opened her curtain a little to find her not even there. Instead in her place, I found a note.

Hey, so I just wanted to say that I'm heading back to California. Now don't freak out, it's just that you guys are better off without me and I seriously don't need to be there. This tour has been nothing but drama and extremely hectic and I'm always in the center of it. I hope you guys have great rest of the tour! See you guys when you come back to Cali.

Hazel. (P.S. Ross, I left you a separate note under my pillow.)

I feel like I'm gonna be sick. She left. She really left and it's all my fault.

------
[Author's Note] ugh, ross you little shit. why you gotta break hazels heart? you know better 😛