OTB | AWAITING BABY A

"Bae the cake goes over in that area." Jaía said, as she pointed towards the table that was an empty canvas space that was designed for the cake to stand on. Jaía had went all out for Maleígha, she wanted her to have the best event possible she knew her friend had been going through a lot.

Maleígha always made sure Jaía was straight from the start of their friendship and now she wanted to do the same for her.

Jaía had looked around at the decorated backyard of Cartí's and Maleígha's estate. Everything consisted of different shades of blue along white, and gold. Even though the event was only for twenty-five people it was still big and extravagant but more so on the simple side nevertheless.

Maleígha had invited majority of Cartí's family members, a few family members from her dads side and including her mother's side as well, but not her mama or Kaí. They still wasn't talking and Maleígha ain't give two fucks.

And now that Cartíer would be doing two years in jail, the judge had laid him down for drug charges just a few weeks after his arrest. The murder charges were still being investigated being that they had little to no evidence. And right now Maleígha just didn't want anymore negativity in her life. She didn't want to hear I told you so from her mother.

"I hope everything goes smoothly. I don't need nobody bringing up Cartí not being here." Aría said, as she rolled her eyes. Ever since Cartí got arrested everybody had been asking Maleígha all types of questions of how she was holding up, and Aría knew how annoying it could get when she didn't even have time to sit and really think about it herself.

Jaía sighed. "That shit fucking with her and I hate how strong she gotta be." She said. Maleígha was always being strong she never had time to sit down and just let it all out she always put that smile on her face and kept it moving.

"Everything's going to go smoothly and I'm gon' make sure of that ain't nobody gon' fuck up her day." Aría said, as Jaía agreed.

They were Awaiting her baby boy that would be due in the next few weeks and wanted it to be a celebratory event they would also be revealing the name as well.

Maleígha wanted something small and different she didn't want to really do the average baby shower, she just wanted a brunch with good food, music, and vibes with her family and friends. She seen how people would really go all out for baby showers and even do gender reveals, she felt like it was unnecessary and that it was all for social media nowadays people were just getting pregnant on purpose.

Jaía just wanted everything to be perfect for Maleígha these last few months had been hell on earth and she wanted her to at least have a day of no worries.

She knew everything was going to be good.

________________

Best of Me by Anthony Hamilton played in the atmosphere of the backyard. Maleígha's Awaiting Baby A Brunch was an all white dress code affair.

Maleígha smiled, as the photographer took pictures of her by herself. Her baby blue gown complimented her brown skin well.