OTB | GOD'S HAND

VOTE & COMMENT

For the sixth time this morning, Maleígha's phone rung. It was mandatory for anyone who called her in the middle of the night to blow her phone up being that she slept hard. Which is why she always slept with it under her pillow the mornings she knew Cartí would call her.

Maleígha alarmed that her phone was ringing, quickly grabbing it thinking it was Cartí only to see it wasn't Cartí but it was Cartí's mother, Lísa. She answered, as she did so Lísa answered with a belt wrenching scream that alarmed Maleígha even more. The scream sent a pain through her heart, the scream sounded like nothing but pain.

"Mama what's wrong? Where are you?" Maleígha said, before she heard shuffling on the phone. Maleígha quickly stood up out of the bed, looking over her shoulder she seen Milaní was still sleeping peacefully.

"Hello?" Maleígha was alerted, as another voice came on the phone. "This Auntie Kim, come to Our Lady of the Lake hospital right now. I'll explain everything when you get here."

"Ok." Maleígha said, before hanging up. She didn't have no choice but to expect the worse. As usual it was always the worst. Maleígha quickly began getting herself ready. She put on anything that she could find before moving towards Milaní.

"C'mon mamas." She said, as she lightly rubbed her back. Milaní slept peacefully her pretty curly hair was all sprawled out as her full lips poked out. Milaní was a pretty baby, she had Cartí's peanut butter skin tone and she favored Milan a lot the woman in his family definitely had some strong genes.

Milaní moved around in her sleep. Deciding not to wake her up, she placed Milaní into her arms as she found a jacket placing it over the pajama set Milaní wore. She quickly grabbed her keys, and placed her phone in her purse before walking out of the bedroom. She walked down the hall and down the stairs, before heading towards Money and Jaía's
bedroom.

She hated waking people up in the morning cause she wouldn't want nobody to wake her up but she needed Jaía to come with her and she wanted to at least let Money know as well.

Slightly tapping on the door, she waited for a few minutes before doing it again as she tried her best to hold Milaní on her hip.

A few minutes later Money came to the door,  rubbing his eyes as he looked down at her. "I'm sorry to wake you up but Lisa and your mama just told me to come to the hospital. I don't know what's going on she said she was going to explain to me once I got there." Maleígha said, as Money shook his head.

It was always something.

"Bet. I'm bout to get dressed." He said, as she nodded. "I'll meet y'all there." She said.

"You sure?" He asked, as she nodded.

"Yeah." She said, as he nodded his head before the two parted their ways. Maleígha quickly walked towards the door that led towards Money's garage. She walked out seeing two of Money's cars along with hers and Jaía's in the garage.