OTB | THE END

A MONTH LATER

                                   Lil Boosie's 'Thug Me Like That' played through the speakers that were all throughout the bathroom and closet. The irony of this song. Niggas loved playing victim and manipulation was one of the many mechanisms niggas used once they were caught in the action of doing something. Even though she did catch Cartí in the act of doing something but she didn't bring it to his attention, cause she knew he would manipulate her into believe that she was the problem.

Maleígha looked around her closet, that was once filled with all the designer bags, clothes, and shoes. Maleígha had been slowly packing up her shit piece by piece for the past two weeks and now everything was finally all gone. She was taking all of her shit, she didn't care if Cartí paid for it or not she deserved it after all the bullshit he put her through.

Maleígha knew leaving and really being on her own was going to be a big step for her but she knew she was straight financially from the money she made on her own and all the money she received from Cartí. Cartí had been giving her way much more larger amounts of money since he'd been home and it was doing nothing but sitting in her savings. Every time Cartí was depositing money into her account, she was watching it increase daily. Cartí would send her money at least twice to three times a week and she couldn't complain. He owed her all of it.

Maleígha looked around at everything one last time before walking out of the closet. She was going to miss the home, she had definitely made it a home all by herself. Just her and her kids. Cartí had been spending more and more of his time with Jasmine and plenty of other hoes. Cartí had switched back to the nigga he was when she first met him and she couldn't even get mad. A nigga was only going to change if they wanted too and Cartí didn't want change. He hated change, especially when it wasn't under his control. When it wasn't something he liked he wouldn't do it, Cartí wanted everything his way.

Maleígha walked into her kitchen. She checked on her food seeing everything was just about done. Maleígha decided to cook since she didn't feel like eating out. She cooked barbecue ribs with a side of baked beans, macaroni and cheese and she did her cornbread in the skillet. She was more than ready to eat. Turning off the stove and taking the cornbread out the oven before taking the ribs out as well.

Maleígha walked into the living room, as she seen that her kids eyes were glued to the TV. A four month Alí sat in his moon swing as Milaní sat on the floor with her IPad and Iphone. She always felt like she had to have them both and Maleígha didn't understand why.

"Mommy when is the food going to be done?" Milaní asked, as she climbed on the couch and into Maleígha's lap. Maleígha smiled, as she kissed her forehead.

"The food is done greedy girl. You been asking since I started." She said, as she began tickling Milaní. Maleígha loved Milaní like she was her own she couldn't see how something so sweet and innocent came from two fucked up individuals.

"Good. I'm hungry." She laughed, as Maleígha smiled and shook her head. Milaní climbed out of her lap. Maleígha stood up grabbing Alí out of the swing and going into the kitchen with her kids so they could eat tonight's dinner.