🌷Chapter 8🌷

Family isn't defined only by last names or by blood; it's defined by commitment and by love

Family isn't defined only by last names or by blood; it's defined by commitment and by love.it means showing up when they need it most.It means having each other backs.It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other.It's means never giving up on each other- Dave Willis.

"Draco you're family family to me and lily, see she loves you"

Harry, Alain, Hermione and Ron were in the Great Hall the next day eating breakfast and today was also the day that Alain will meet up with Draco but since Harry got detention she has to take Lily with her

"How can Dumbledore let that horrible woman teach? And when we're taking our OWl test too!" Hermione shouted furiously.

"You reckon she's here to spy on us?" Ron asked all three of them.

"Well, not us specifically, but definitely Dumbledore and the Order" Hermione said.

At that moment, Angelina Johnson comes up to them and looks very angry "well, way to go, Potter. Your detention is at the same time as Quidditch practice!" Angelina shouted at Harry.

"Oh! Sorry..." Harry said.

"Yeah, well, you're going to have to get out of it somehow. We're holding tryouts for keepers now since Wood's gone, and I wanted to have the whole team there." Angelina said to Harry sternly.

"I'll never get out of it, Angelina." Harry complained to her.

"Well, just... don't do it again!" Angelina shouted and stormed off.

"Well that didn't go well.." Ron said, a little scared from Angelina shouting.

Alain looked at the time and groaned "Ginny still isn't here! We're going to be late for class." Alain said storming off to go look for Ginny.

"Harry.." Hermione said softly and Harry looked at Hermione confused.

"Yeah?" he asked her.

"When are you going to ask Alain to be your girlfriend?" Hermione asked excitedly while Ron eyes widened.

"Wait! You're going to ask out my-my little sister!" he shouted, clearly angry that his best-friend was going to ask out his little sister without his permission.

"Hermione I'm going to ask her soon just at the right time" Harry said even though he doesn't know when the right time will be since he doesn't have class with her and only sees her when she's with Lily.

********

Alain and Hermione were playing with Lily while the boys were sitting on the couch "Well, Harry, shall we start on Snape's report?" Ron asked his best-friend.

"Later, I've got detention." Harry told Ron.

"Good luck, Harry!" Alain and Hermione shouted at him.

"Thanks." Harry said while leaving.

Hermione went to bed early and Ron is doing god knows what! Alain grabbed Lily and walked out of the Gryffindor common to meet up with Draco again at the same place like last time.

"Alain you made it..." Draco said then look at Lily "and you brought Lily!" he said with a smile on his face "may I?" he asked Alain and Alain nodded giving Lily to Draco.

"Be careful she just ate and you don't want her to throw up on you" Alain told Draco.

"Only an idiot would jump a baby up and down and get thrown up on so don't worry I wont" Draco said while Alain laughed at what happened to Harry.

"I'm sorry I bring Lily, but Harry has detention so she has to come with me tonight since her daddy won't be back until later in the night" Alain sighed with a frown.

Draco felt bad for Alain because she doesn't deserve Harry when he clearly doesn't think that if he gets detention a whole week it will affect his own family.

"Alain don't worry since I'm her godfather I love to see her more" Draco told Alain with a big smile on his face.

"Draco I still haven't talked to Harry about it. I'm not ready to tell him yet.." Alain said shyly.

"It's fine Alain I understand it takes awhile to tell him since me and him you know are enemies." Draco said.

"Draco you're family to me and Lily, see she loves you" Alain said pointing at Lily who was grabbing Draco's face.

This was the moment Draco felt loved and felt like he has a family because Alain and Lily showed him that by being there with him and all he wants to do is spoil them both to tell them thank you for showing me what love and true meaning of what family is.

"Thanks, Alain," Draco said with a smile.

"You don't have to thank me" Alain said walking to Draco and hugging him with Lily between them both but little did they know that one of Alain brothers saw them together that night but didn't say anything about it.

Author note: I'm about to do some cliffhangers later in the story and I can't wait when I get to do these cliffhangers! Also if anyone knows Korean can you teacher me? Like I wanna learn Korean so bad!😭

Words Count: 826 Words