Timephoon

TW: Hurricanes, Mommy issues, Abandonment Issues, Panic Attacks, you know the drill! Read at your own risk!

I looked out the window of Antonio's house to see a small storm beginning to brew. The clouds were a bit greyer than usual, the air was still, and it looked like it was starting to sprinkle. Telltale signs of a storm picking up.

"Hey, it looks like it's gonna storm," I said, to no one in particular.

"That's weird," Antonio commented, "Earlier today, the weather forecast said it was supposed to be clear all day."

"Yeah. Oh well," I shrugged, sitting down next to him. "Any word from 'Celia?"

"I don't think she's coming. She hasn't responded in an hour," Antonio responded, shaking his head.

"Do you really think she'd miss tonight? We had been planning on binging this series for a while now," I muttered, disappointed.

"I should be asking you that," He nudged me teasingly, "You're her... um..." He cursed, "What's the term?"

I raised a brow in his direction as he struggled to find the word.

He began muttering Spanish nonsense under his breath, until he asked, "¿Cómo se dice novia en inglés?"

I snickered at his linguistic blunder. "Girlfriend?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes! That's it!"

I laughed at that.

"Don't laugh!" He fake whined, "You confuse manzana and mañana on a daily basis!"

I nodded, "Exactly, which is why I can laugh," I argued.

He nodded in response, chuckling. "True, true."

We fell into a comfortable silence before he spoke up again.

"... How is that going, by the way?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Pretty good, I guess. I don't know. She's just... been a bit distant lately. Always working and stuff, you know..."

He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me into a side huge. "I know that's hard. Just be patient, like Detective Cabrera says all the time..."

"Paciencia y Fe," We said in unison, repeating the phrase Mamá has told us many times, before bursting into laughter.

"She's a good woman," I sighed, thinking of her work with some of the local kids in Duckburg. Foster kids, low-income kids, minority kids, you know, all the kids who could use an extra good influence in their life. It's how I met Fenton, after all, besides working with him for a few years.

He nodded. "Yeah, I know at least 15 other kids who would agree with you."

"Sabelotodo is really lucky to have her."

"Sabelotodo? Is that the 'Pollito,' she always talks about?"

I nodded. "Yeah, Fenton is her son. He's super smart, he works under Dr. Gearloose, one of the best scientists on the west coast."

"Oh wow. Good for him," Antonio nodded.

Just then, a huge clap of thunder shook the house, causing the lights to go out, before flickering back on. Antonio and I shared a look, before he turned on the news.

"The El Pato Storm has merged with a terrifying time vortex that local reporters are calling a Timephoon!" Roxanne Featherly announced on the screen. I groaned at the cheesy name, "The Timephoon has unsurprisingly localized itself above McDuck Manor. For more, we go to our guest weatherman... Benjamin Franklin?!"