Escape To/From Atlantis

By the time we returned to the mansion, Scrooge already had stuff set up for the expedition. Launchpad was going to pilot, and we were going to take Scrooge's sub. Why he had a submarine was beyond me, but I suppose it made sense. He was the richest duck in the world, after all.

The submarine had two levels, it seemed. There was the bottom, with the pump for excess water, and the top with all the seating and the bathroom. There was also a hatch that had a ladder to access both levels. It was pretty high-tech, but I've never been in a submarine before, to my knowledge at least, so I have no idea.

I decided to sit on the upper level with Launchpad, since the kids were below. Hopefully I could get a bit of sleep before we got to Atlantis.

I closed my eyes and leaned back into my seat. Finally, some quiet.

...

"Dive! Dive!" I heard Dewey shouting from above. I groaned. So much for quiet.

"Dive?" Launchpad questioned, before heading down. I could hear Scrooge telling him to stop and saying something about the hatch.

"Wait, Launchpad, I don-" I began, before being interrupted by a flood of water coming down from the hatch. Luckily there was a drain on the floor of the top level, so the water went down a level, where the pump was. I saw Dewey being pushed down the ladder, and Scrooge following, looking very annoyed and very wet. They went down to the bottom level and I almost laughed at the sight.

I moved to a bench near one of the sub's windows so I could get a better look at the water. There were so many fish and aquatic plants. It was almost calming, like being on the boat. You could feel the light rocking of the waves, even underwater.

Scrooge soon came up to this level and stood by Launchpad. It was quiet for a bit, before he spoke up.

"Uh, Launchpad, have you ever piloted a sub before?"

"I sunk a helicopter in a wave pool once. Same thing?" I looked at him in disbelief. No. In what world would that be the same?

Scrooge didn't seem to mind. "Eh. I've done more with less." He then began to monologue, before being interrupted by Huey shouting.

"Travellll Bingooo!"

I amusedly rolled my eyes, before returning back to my seat.

"I loooove road trips! I packed snacks, a playlist of traditional sea shanties! Matching family road trip shirts!" He excitedly put one over Scrooge's head and I did laugh this time. I took a larger shirt from Huey's bag and put it over my tank top, before putting my jacket on.

Scrooge stammered. "Eh- I appreciate the enthusiasm," he took off the shirt and threw it on Launchpad's head, "But there's no time."

"But according to the travel itinerary-"

"BOOO!" Dewey interrupted. "Adventure isn't about planning, it's about doing!" He approached Scrooge and Launchpad, and began bugging Scrooge about what he could be in charge of. I watched, amused at the banter between the two.

"So what is this submarine equipped with?" Dewey complained.

Scrooge scooped him up and put him in a seat, putting on his seatbelt.

"Seat Belts." He walked away, amused at himself as Dewey sheepishly laughed.

"Haha, good one."

Scrooge sat down and Dewey turned back around in his seat. I looked at him, while Huey continued to look over the seat at Scrooge.

"Classic Scrooge-Dewey banter, the seasoned, but tired explorer passing the torch to his cocky, young successor."

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually know our names," Huey answered.